Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative to Tesla Schuko Adapter?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
Unfortunately I may have to make an unplanned trip to Eastern Europe tomorrow.

Does anyone know of an alternative to Tesla's Schuko Adapter that could be purchased and possibly be delivered or collected tomorrow?

Schuko Adapter

I guess a standard UK/EU travel adapter isn't going to cut it.

I'll only have a two pin socket available at my destination so will be using the UMC.

Not ideal if you haven't the experience to wire this up but maybe an option given the time frame?

Needs a small flat head screwdriver & knife to strip the cable.

Click & Collect from Farnell in Preston en route - a Schiko plug complete with 2m cable & rated 10A plus a Heavy Duty socket rated 15A: 3600W

Connect them up at a stop on the journey or on arrival.

https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/h3-2amvbwhite/lead-schuko-to-bare-ends-white/dp/PL14028?mckv=slyagIBew_dc|pcrid|491098866152|kword||match||plid||slid||product|PL14028|pgrid|100371159758|ptaid|pla-959523800139|&CMP=KNC-GUK-CPC-SHOPPING&gclid=CjwKCAiAxp-ABhALEiwAXm6IyfLBO9_gWdOYs2jadm9mXhvZqR1eAEHtjk7WNWm1GOnje5_eebKXiRoCN5QQAvD_BwE

https://cpc.farnell.com/masterplug/els15b/trailing-socket-15a-3-pin-round/dp/PL14139?st=heavy duty socket

Last edited:
I have one you can borrow if you're passing east Manchester, post it back afterwards. It's a short waterproof extension lead with the 3 pin removed and a schuko fitted

IMG_2070.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Medved_77

Does anyone know of an alternative to Tesla's Schuko Adapter that could be purchased and possibly be delivered or collected tomorrow?

Schuko Adapter

I'll only have a two pin socket available at my destination so will be using the UMC.

Out of curiosity, is there a reason you don't want the Tesla one?

Surely something like this would work:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/MOBIBAY-European-Converter-Portugal-Netherlands-White/dp/B08JS43R15

It is rated 13A. Your Tesla UK plug adaptor will limit the current to 10A, but the Tesla Schuko adapter limits it to 13A (both 3A less than the rated max for the plug type).

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Medved_77
Thanks for the replies all, I've gone with the solution from @Mark-R . If it's rated to 13A then it should be fine and it will arrive tomorrow morning.

@Mr H really kind offer and most appreciated as a fallback in case of any issues with the purchase.

@Rooster6655 I would have preferred the Tesla one, but delivery times from NL are not on my side to the UK at least and I haven't checked if they'll do delivery to Slovakia.

Reactions: Mr H

Schuko Adapter

Late to this but I have these and a clonking great heavy duty extension lead if you want to borrow them. I'm right in the middle of the country near Derby, 5 minutes from the A38 and A52. In all day (aren't we all!) if you're passing.
IMG_20210120_182456.jpg

Thanks for the replies all, I've gone with the solution from @Mark-R . If it's rated to 13A then it should be fine and it will arrive tomorrow morning.

@Mr H really kind offer and most appreciated as a fallback in case of any issues with the purchase.

@Rooster6655 I would have preferred the Tesla one, but delivery times from NL are not on my side to the UK at least and I haven't checked if they'll do delivery to Slovakia.
Found myself in a similar predicament but leaving in a few days but the Tesla Schuko adapter is sold out, how did the above work out @Medved_77 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tesla Schuko adapter is sold out,

Borrow one?

Personally (Absent a Tesla adaptor [which would have the benefit of being rated at 16A rather than 13A]) I'd go with the Tough Leads one, they have a good reputation

Found myself in a similar predicament but leaving in a few days but the Tesla Schuko adapter is sold out, how did the above work out @Medved_77 ?
The alternative would be to go on the https://shop.tesla.com of your country of destination, and arrange shipping to the address you are travelling to in Europe. They may be sold out of EU plug in the UK store, but very rarely in the local market. And it's a 24-48h delivery. Alternatively, if you are passing a European Tesla SC on your journey, there are chances they can sell you one there directly..

Edit: it doesn't seem out of stock on the UK store at the moment?
1678459075296.png

Reactions: Sean.
Borrow one?

Personally (Absent a Tesla adaptor [which would have the benefit of being rated at 16A rather than 13A]) I'd go with the Tough Leads one, they have a good reputation

Thanks, don’t know anyone that has one unfortunately so have gone with the ToughLeads option

Will post an update on how it goes

Best regards

Reactions: WannabeOwner