TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Alternative to Tesla's trunk rolling duffel

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by andrewket, Nov 12, 2014.

1. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

I'm going to purchase a rolling duffel bag for the 3rd row footwell area, and am looking at options. Tesla has their bag:

Tesla Gear Shop Trunk Rolling Duffel

Does anyone have it, and would you comment on the quality, durability, function, etc?

I think my preference is a bag that is a bit more subdued- solid black or blue etc. I'm curious if anyone has found a bag other than Tesla's that maximizes the space?

Thanks!

2. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

Description says, "Size: 32"L x 12"H x 15"W (Expandable to 14"H)" so thats most of what you need to comparison shop. Wouldn't be a bad idea to measure the trunk yourself also too. I'd also measure the frunk to make sure things fit there too.

3. AmpedRealtor

AmpedRealtor Active Member

Coincidentally, I ordered mine yesterday and it will arrive tomorrow. I will post some photos and give you my feedback. Remember, though, that I haven't bought luggage in about 20 years and what I use on trips is held together with duct tape... so it would have to meet a pretty low bar for me to be impressed! lol

4. andrewket

AmpedRealtor - thanks for the offer to post pics, but there is no need. I looked at one at my service center, albeit awhile ago. I did just notice that there is someone on eBay is selling the Tesla bag "new but without tags" for about 50% of what Tesla wants for it.

5. IceAge

IceAge Member

6. andrewket

I ended up buying the tesla bag from a guy on eBay for about half the price. Thanks for the pointer, though.

7. David99

David99 Active Member

I had mine for a few months now. The quality is very good. Very well made. It's a great bag to use even if you don't end up putting it in your trunk. It does fit nicely but only in it's 'small' state. A sipper that goes all around allows you to increase the height and thus the volume, but then it won't fit any more. The wheels are great, all nice materials. I think it's worth getting it. Same with the frunk bag. Fits perfectly.

8. andrewket

I have the frunk bag, but I no longer have the frunk! It might still fit in the frunk of the P85D, but it will take up most of the space.