Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative to Tesla's trunk rolling duffel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

andrewket

Dec 20, 2012
I'm going to purchase a rolling duffel bag for the 3rd row footwell area, and am looking at options. Tesla has their bag:

Tesla Gear Shop Trunk Rolling Duffel

Does anyone have it, and would you comment on the quality, durability, function, etc?

I think my preference is a bag that is a bit more subdued- solid black or blue etc. I'm curious if anyone has found a bag other than Tesla's that maximizes the space?

Thanks!

Description says, "Size: 32"L x 12"H x 15"W (Expandable to 14"H)" so thats most of what you need to comparison shop. Wouldn't be a bad idea to measure the trunk yourself also too. I'd also measure the frunk to make sure things fit there too.

Coincidentally, I ordered mine yesterday and it will arrive tomorrow. I will post some photos and give you my feedback. Remember, though, that I haven't bought luggage in about 20 years and what I use on trips is held together with duct tape... so it would have to meet a pretty low bar for me to be impressed! lol

AmpedRealtor - thanks for the offer to post pics, but there is no need. I looked at one at my service center, albeit awhile ago. I did just notice that there is someone on eBay is selling the Tesla bag "new but without tags" for about 50% of what Tesla wants for it.

I had mine for a few months now. The quality is very good. Very well made. It's a great bag to use even if you don't end up putting it in your trunk. It does fit nicely but only in it's 'small' state. A sipper that goes all around allows you to increase the height and thus the volume, but then it won't fit any more. The wheels are great, all nice materials. I think it's worth getting it. Same with the frunk bag. Fits perfectly.

I had mine for a few months now. The quality is very good. Very well made. It's a great bag to use even if you don't end up putting it in your trunk. It does fit nicely but only in it's 'small' state. A sipper that goes all around allows you to increase the height and thus the volume, but then it won't fit any more. The wheels are great, all nice materials. I think it's worth getting it. Same with the frunk bag. Fits perfectly.

I have the frunk bag, but I no longer have the frunk! It might still fit in the frunk of the P85D, but it will take up most of the space.