TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Alternative Transportation Event - how to get Tesla participation?

Discussion in 'News' started by swtools, Aug 23, 2010.

1. swtools

swtools New Member

I work for a company with a few thousand employees in Sunnyvale. We have an alternative transportation event every year. Toyota and Ford participate to show off their stuff, offer employee discounts, hand out literature and give everyone an opportunity to see and discuss their hybrids. Hundreds of employees show up.

I would personally love to see Tesla attend. They have been invited, but have always declined in the past...

Is there an owners club, or anyone who would be interested in showing off their Tesla roadster, answer questions and get a free lunch? The event is coming up in October, mid-week.

2. btuset

btuset New Member

I have a similar request for Clifton, Virginia. Every year there is a Labor Day Car Show with benefits going to charity. My non-profit sponsors a green car each year and I would love, more than anything, to show a Tesla. I'm waiting for a model S so I can't offer up my own car. Anyone out there live in the area and who is willing to stand around watching people ooh and ahh over your car?

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

I would try Tesla again. They are doing a lot more events lately. Though admittedly the events are more attended by wealthy folk that can buy a car.

4. mpt

mpt Electrics are back

I think the challenge is the mid-week thing; I'll happily tip up to weekend and evening events but work commitments make the mid-day things tricky.

Sorry; I'm on the east coast.

5. DrTaras

DrTaras R254->R725->S1364-->X769

You did the right thing by posting here as if there is a NoCal club (or VA for btuset) then someone will answer. Down in SoCal we have www.SoCalGreenSpeed.com and we often have our members attend SoCal events like this, but they are all non-sanctioned by Tesla. You might go to Menlo Park (20 mins away) and ask them in person at the Tesla Store.