TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Alternative Wheels for Roadster

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by technovc, May 21, 2011.

1. technovc

technovc Member

Are there known aftermarket wheels in the OEM sizes? Other sizes?

I did a search on this and couldn't find anything.

Thanks.

2. Dragon

Dragon Lightning Green Fairytale

3. felixtb

felixtb RsEU502,Sp+14274,XpEUSig4

you should look at the wheels that fit lotus Elise they should be the same seizes and fit the tesla as far as I can understand. also you can look at tire charts to see if you can change seizes without disturbing the general geometry. just be careful not going too much wider since you will create more resistance reducing your range.......... bla bla bla. etc..

good luck!

4. technovc

technovc Member

Thanks. This thread seems to be about tires. I'm looking for different wheels to use with the stock tires (preferably).

5. technovc

technovc Member

The Elise wheels are a 4-bolt design and the Tesla is a 5-bolt. So, even though the Elise sizes would be perfect (I don't know about offset), they obviously won't work.

6. technovc

technovc Member

7. technovc

technovc Member

Extracting from a link I found in Dragon's link above:

Volk (a division of Rays) may make a custom wheel that would work (CE 28N is the style)

Stellacorse wheels for the Elise have been made in one custom pair by Sector 111. I've sent them a note to see if they could do more.

There is a wheel shown on a pace-germany.com picture, but pace germany is a car retailer not a wheel OEM or retailer.

8. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

9. technovc

technovc Member

Thanks. That's the one from which I extracted the ~info above.

10. m0rph

m0rph Member

old topics are cool, let's play :biggrin:

I just found this picture of a Dutch RS with the best looking wheels I found so far. First I though was OZ Ultraleggera but they're slightly different:

tesla-motors-roadster-sport-25-c551524112014165618_1.jpg

In the classifieds, TMC member @Saprolf also offers a custom set of what I think are TSW Nurburgring replicas:

BvTHsr5tZwRu.jpg

11. shrink

shrink Member

Wow. Good eye. Those are not replicas. They are genuine TSW Nurburgring customized for the Roadster bolt pattern. I've seen that car in person many times and the wheels look great. I had my wheels powder coated at that same shop in Tempe, AZ. They do really good work. In fact, I know our local Tesla Service Center sends some of the Model S curb gash rim repairs to that same shop.