Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternatives to a used Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, in practice, you both could be right. You buy the car and cancel before it gets to the delivery location. You probably are ok except for the delivery fee.

The car is delivered, you go to look at it and don't want it. Now you have limited options. Used to be last year, in this case you could decline the car and pick out another in 72hrs. No longer the case.

Well, in practice, you both could be right. You buy the car and cancel before it gets to the delivery location. You probably are ok except for the delivery fee.

The car is delivered, you go to look at it and don't want it. Now you have limited options. Used to be last year, in this case you could decline the car and pick out another in 72hrs. No longer the case.

Transport != delivery. Transport is moving a vehicle from one location to another, for a separate fee. As that costs Tesla real money, I would not expect a refund of the transport fee if I decide upon inspection I don’t want the car. Strong incentive to buy a car that is local.

Delivery is me taking legal and financial possession, as in signing the paperwork and driving off with the car.

Not sure I agree. Not willing to research current MVPA, since I already have my car and future buyers should do DD.

But I would want in writing what delivery means to Tesla, since they removed the sentence about picking out another car in 72hrs.

It is hard to believe someone is comparing a Kia to a Model S.

Have you driven a Tesla? any one of them?

Yep - have driven a 100d and model 3 LR. Not sure if you know what the stinger is - it’s different than what you might be thinking of when you hear Kia. Anyway, it’s one of the few fast, roomy, hatchbacks in my price range (Low to mid 40s). The Tesla driving experience is not in question here - of course it’s superior.but at a certain point, other factors matter as well.

Have you read the MVPA you agree to when placing the deposit? It’s pretty clear:

“Until your Vehicle is delivered to you, you may cancel your order at any time, in which case you will receive a full refund of your Order Payment.”

https://www.tesla.com/order/download-order-agreement?country=US&model_code=ms&is_new_vehicle=0

That might be a more reliable source than what you’ve heard on the internet.

Interesting. On the Tesla website they have language about the deposit being non refundable, but you’re right, this document states otherwise. Weird. This document would certainly take precedence from a legal perspective of course.

Thanks!!

Have you read the MVPA you agree to when placing the deposit? It’s pretty clear:

“Until your Vehicle is delivered to you, you may cancel your order at any time, in which case you will receive a full refund of your Order Payment.”

https://www.tesla.com/order/download-order-agreement?country=US&model_code=ms&is_new_vehicle=0

That might be a more reliable source than what you’ve heard on the internet.

When did you order yours? I ordered mine (placed the $2,500 down) 3/31/19, and my order agreement clearly states that is is non-refundable:

upload_2019-5-10_14-28-40.png

When we bought our Model S, it was there both ways :)

The agreement we received via email stated that the prepayment is refundable until delivery but another agreement said otherwise.

No matter what the agreement says, I am certain Tesla will do the right thing. Basically if someone orders and just wants to get out of the agreement for no real reason other than they changed their mind, I am sure Tesla will treat the deposit/initial payment as a nonrefundable payment -- as they very well should.

On the other hand if there is something wrong with the car delivered, I am sure they will allow the transfer of the payment to another car or refund if something is egregiously wrong with the car.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne