Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Altitude / Altimeter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pdxgibby

Software Engineer
Oct 30, 2015
Tualatin, Oregon
As we all know, elevation change has a direct impact on range in our vehicles. My previous car had an altimeter built in and would display the altitude in 10-20 foot increments, which is close enough for being beneficial. Has Tesla ever provided this information in the UI, say with navigation?

I searched the forums and found a couple threads that were related, but there was no clear answer (and those threads were rather old).

I'm hoping that it's there and I just haven't seen it yet.

Anyone?

It can get altitude information using GPS to reasonable accuracy. So it already has that data.

It does provide the data to some extent when you look at a trip using the energy display. However, it's not using real time data, just a database of road elevations. Still basically good enough.

It can get altitude information using GPS to reasonable accuracy. So it already has that data.

It does provide the data to some extent when you look at a trip using the energy display. However, it's not using real time data, just a database of road elevations. Still basically good enough.

this is quite a bit newer but also doesn't work if you don't have an actual trip destination. although at least now you can tap a nav location to set a trip point