TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Aluminium trim strip behind steering wheel revised?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by lairdb, Jul 13, 2018.

1. lairdb

lairdb Member

In the current configurator images, I notice that the aluminium strip below the dash wood appears to continue through the steering column area.

Tesla configurator link:
    https://static-assets.tesla.com/configurator/compositor?&options=$IN3PB,$PBSB,$DV2W&view=STUD_SEAT&model=m3&size=1441&bkba_opt=1&version=0027&version=0027

Zoom:
    [​IMG]

Zoom and highlight:
    [​IMG]

In our Model 3, the strip curves up as shown, but completely ends and begins again on teh otehr side of the steering column. I.e. there is naked wood in line with the steering column; there is no aluminium in the highlighted area. VIN 147xx.

Anybody else?

2. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

I wouldn't draw much from such a small detail in the configurator. More likely to be an oversight of the graphic design team than a change in the car's production.

3. Randy Spencer

Randy Spencer Member

How do I get that in MY car?

-Randy

4. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

Nice catch! They definitely appear to have fixed it. I'm glad too, because that was always bothering me.

I made a crappy gif from the site:
    IMG_5479.GIF

5. splob

splob Member

Based on this photo posted on the Model 3 Owner’s Club Facebook group, it doesn’t appear to be fixed.

Attached Files: