Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aluminum Corrosion Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know that in the past aluminum bodied cars were notorious for experiencing corrosion at places where steel bolts were connected.
The electrolysis that occurs from combining two different metals would result in terrible corrosion/melding of the metals that would
cause major problems whenever repairs were necessary.

My question is....

Are current aluminum technologies in place that would reduce the corrosive reactions that have existed in aluminum bodied automobiles?
Has Tesla taken steps to minimize the corrosive properties of aluminum?

I know that in the past aluminum bodied cars were notorious for experiencing corrosion at places where steel bolts were connected.
The electrolysis that occurs from combining two different metals would result in terrible corrosion/melding of the metals that would
cause major problems whenever repairs were necessary.

My question is....

Are current aluminum technologies in place that would reduce the corrosive reactions that have existed in aluminum bodied automobiles?
Has Tesla taken steps to minimize the corrosive properties of aluminum?

They are running the cars through ecoat, which provides corrosion protection (among other things).

Never had any corrosion problems in the almost 20 years I drove my Land-Rover Series III in Canada. I don't expect any problems in the Model S either.