Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aluminum pedals installed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a set of aluminum pedals on ebay for around $35. These are obviously not OEM. It took about 3 weeks or so to get them delivered from Hong Kong. I bought just the brake and accelerator (not the foot rest) since I have the all weather mats and my mats cover the foot rest anyway.

Installation was not necessarily difficult but it was a bit of a pain getting this to fit right. I have a set of panel removal tools so maybe I should have used those but I just used my hands and took a few breaks to rest my hands a few times. It took about 10 minutes or so to do the install.

It was a bit of a pain installing the brake because the door would keep closing on me whenever the brakes get pushed. I'm not sure how to disable this but i'm guessing there's a way? I didn't care enough to take time out to figure this out.

The existing brake cover comes off pretty easily. The accelerator doesn't have a cover (I don't think) so I just installed the aluminum one over the existing accelerator pedal.

I think it looks a lot better.

IMG_20171127_181536.jpg

IMG_20171127_182659.jpg

When my X was at the service center for 1 year maintenance I had them replace the pedals with the performance pedals. Easily the best upgrade for the X. I highly recommend them. Anyone getting a new car, get the performance pedals when ordering. They feel better, are thicker and wider.

• Informative
Reactions: Mickie and AdamHLG
As I mentioned in the original post, installation is a bit of a PITA with a bit of wrestling needed to get it on right.

Maybe the pros have an easier way to do this with some tools instead of using hands to pry things, etc.

I didn't create a video. I actually installed mine in the parking structure of a mall because I was about an hour early to a dinner appointment. Although it only took me about 10 minutes I was a bit annoyed and frustrated (and I removed the brake pedal a few times to do it over again).

Here is a video of a guy doing the aluminum pedal install.

This Korean video is more detailed but I'm assuming that most of you don't understand Korean (but it's self explanatory)

Last edited:
When my X was at the service center for 1 year maintenance I had them replace the pedals with the performance pedals. Easily the best upgrade for the X. I highly recommend them. Anyone getting a new car, get the performance pedals when ordering. They feel better, are thicker and wider.
Can you post picture of the performance pedals please.

As a newby to Tesla, is there a webpage showing optional extras that can be ordered?