Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aluminum pedals installed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Performance Pedals" ???? That's funny. A real marketing term. I'm sure you get better "performance" with a different pedal :D Agree, they do look nice and I also bought them. I haven't noticed that they feel any better though. And the performance of the car certainly isn't any better. They need to change the name of the pedal and not insult our intelligence :cool:

Actually, they're called Performance Pedals since the Performance version comes with them stock.

I added these pedals to my S, plus the spoiler, and the chrome inserts for both the frunk and trunk, R187 turbine rims, all of which are a replication of these things on the P version. Some people also buy the "P" decal to complete the non-Performance to performance upgrade but that goes too far for me -- then you do need an actual increase in performance to add that decal (at least without the embarrassment I would feel in adding it). All of these other things are just the "looks" side of the performance upgrade so they do relate to performance in that sense but not in relation to actual performance.

• Informative
Reactions: rsbell
Is your mounting method to the carpet on the X there using the tape provided? Does it hold well? (On Model S there is a plastic piece there with same shape so easy to tape on). Looks nice!

Yes. Mounted/secured with the supplied tape. Holds better than I thought. It's truly decorative and doesn't move. I also like it because the carpet will probably degrade/wear over time.

It's does look pretty cool...Thx

Very nice. The finish of the dead pedal looks different from the others. Is that simply due to the lighting?

Yes. Same brushed aluminum finish. Here is a better angle
IMG_2214.JPG

Reactions: jgrgnt
I just did the install also using the top fit brand on amazon. Looks the same but the accelerator pedal has 5 rubber strips vs the 3 in the pic above.

Install is exactly as described previously. It was a complete pain in the butt but looks great.

I had sore finger tips for a few hours.

I thought the brake pedal was just as difficult to install as the accelerator, with the added butt spanking everytime you pushed down on the brake.

Topfit Topfit Non-Slip Performance Foot Pedal Pads for Model S and Model X, Auto Aluminum Pedal Covers(A Set of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073F64B9X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_zCOtAbSG8K0KM

Reactions: pilotSteve
4D6826AC-FBEF-4F07-BFA6-8246462699CD.jpeg
I bought a set of aluminum pedals on ebay for around $35. These are obviously not OEM. It took about 3 weeks or so to get them delivered from Hong Kong. I bought just the brake and accelerator (not the foot rest) since I have the all weather mats and my mats cover the foot rest anyway.

Installation was not necessarily difficult but it was a bit of a pain getting this to fit right. I have a set of panel removal tools so maybe I should have used those but I just used my hands and took a few breaks to rest my hands a few times. It took about 10 minutes or so to do the install.

It was a bit of a pain installing the brake because the door would keep closing on me whenever the brakes get pushed. I'm not sure how to disable this but i'm guessing there's a way? I didn't care enough to take time out to figure this out.

The existing brake cover comes off pretty easily. The accelerator doesn't have a cover (I don't think) so I just installed the aluminum one over the existing accelerator pedal.

I think it looks a lot better.

View attachment 263349

View attachment 263348
I got mine in too! Did it all by myself, hubby’s job is to hold the door.
I think it helps to have small fingers. Took me around 10mins.
Brake pad- get top corners on first, then use both index fingers to really stretch the sides out as far as you can, move downward as you keep stretching then stretch some more as you go over bottom corners.
Acceleration pad- get top right and bottom right corners to fit snug first, with one hand hold down right bottom corner as you use another hand to stretch and fit left top corner, now you have 3 corners on use one hand to hold all 3 corners then use other hand to stretch and fit the last bottom left corner.
Hope this helps

My hands are not big but yeah, this was a bit of a pain and I was cursing under my breath, etc. to get it to fit right.

The door closing on me constantly didn't help either...lol. I should have had my wife around to keep the door open but as I mentioned, I actually installed mine on my own in the parking structure of a shopping mall because I was early for a dinner appointment. At one point I was frustrated enough to consider just not doing the install and doing it later at home but I already had the rubber brake cover off and decided to just power through it.

I think with the brake, it was getting that last corner in that was tough.

For the accelerator, I pretty much did as you wrote.

And maybe using a hair dryer would help. I have a heat gun at home but don't think you should use it as it will probably melt the rubber.

With the MX / Tesla sharing parts with Mercedes Benz, I was wondering if anyone can give me the relative dimensions of the these pedals and the pedals in the car w/o the covers. If they are the same, then the AMG one would be an awesome choice as well. I had a set on my C55 and have installed them for friends with C/E/S-Classes.

Check them out here on amazon via: http://amzn.to/2n9yFNj

The dimensions of the AMG style pedals are:
Gas Pedal: 5 33/64" x 1 31/32" (14cm x 5cm)
Brake Pedal : 3 5/32" x 4 23/32" (8cm x 12cm)

With the MX / Tesla sharing parts with Mercedes Benz, I was wondering if anyone can give me the relative dimensions of the these pedals and the pedals in the car w/o the covers. If they are the same, then the AMG one would be an awesome choice as well. I had a set on my C55 and have installed them for friends with C/E/S-Classes.

Just looking at them I don't think the sizes are right

These ones are not going to fit
MX ones have cross in the back to fit snugly

just installed this a couple of days ago.. it took literally 30 seconds per pedal.. here is the trick: hook the one side of the pedal cover, and use all your fingers and peel back the lip and put it around the pedal in one shot. putting one corner on and working your way around the pedal was not a good method in my opinion. I hooked the accelerator from the bottom, and the brake from the top. good luck all !!

Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec