TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Always asking to connect to WiFi

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by ACDriveMotor, Mar 9, 2014.

1. ACDriveMotor

ACDriveMotor Member

My car has always been connected to my home WiFi since delivery with 5.6. Starting this week every time I get in the car it has the nag dialog up about connecting to WiFi. I will try rebooting the console since I just updated to 5.8.10. But wondering if others are experiencing this as well.

2. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

NAGs:

1. The WiFi whenever I stop somewhere in civilization. I have no WiFi at home.
    2. Clock always 1 hour late, since forever.
    3. TPMS warning always with the snow set due to no sensors.
    4. 'Key battery needs replacement'. I did so but alas. At least it is not the 'needs replaced' syntax you see so often.

Rebooting both screens did not help. I should try the yellow fuse - remove for 60 seconds cure!
    --

3. Lump

Lump Active Member

Remove your network, then re add it.

4. iffatall

iffatall Member

There is a short discussion about this here:
    Set Up WiFi Popup

5. ACDriveMotor

ACDriveMotor Member

A center console reboot (5.8.10) did not fix this for me. Removing and re-adding my home WiFi appears to have fixed the issue.

6. Kipernicus

Kipernicus Model S Res#P1440

I'd like it to stop asking me about WiFi after the 10th time I pressed "Not Now" in any given location.

7. ACDriveMotor

ACDriveMotor Member

It no longer asks me in any location, which was the behavior I had starting with 5.6. Have you tried removing and re-adding your home WiFi?