Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Always on Dashcam Installer for my X in Florida

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know of an installer in Florida that they would trust to try to install a Front/Rear dashcam in a Model X attached to continuous power?

I installed mine my self, I recommended the Blackvue DR650GW-2CH (my review: Blackvue - The Best Dashcam? - YouTube). I would recommend purchasing the dashcam and have a local installer install it. On the S some owners tapped into the OBD port for constant 12V power as it requires no drilling to get to the fuse box in the frunk.

I especially like the new Blackvue over the cloud feature, it lets you view a live stream directly from your dashcam anywhere and get notifications if someone hits your car while it is parked. I will probably make a video showing those features.

Does anyone know of an installer in Florida that they would trust to try to install a Front/Rear dashcam in a Model X attached to continuous power?

I use Soundwaves in Tampa on Adamo to service the custom uninstalledpassport radar/laser system and stereo in my Roadster and they did a good job installing the passport radar/laser system in my Model S. I suggest speaking with the owner Peter directly and having him personally do the work (813) 849-1104. He is a big Tesla fan. Feel free to tell him Warren referred you. Another option is Ultimate Audio in Orlando. They are a large operation and have a lot of experience with high end cars including Tesla. They installed the custom stereo and radar/laser system in my Roadster. Expensive but good. Ask for Imran (407) 849-1100. Again feel free to tell him Warren referred you. Good luck.

On a Model S it's an easy do it yourself job. On a Model X I see two difficulties.
1. How to make the power and rear video wires look good routed on that massive windshield.
2. Routing the rear video cable past the Falcon doors.
I do not understand why no car company has thought to add a USB port on top of the dash for power source. It would be very cheap for them and make dash cam a plug in item

Would someone actually let bestbuy install it on a 100k+ car they might not have experience with the ev as it is different from regular car.
really?
do you think those guys at the installation dept at best buy are any less capable than some guys at xyz boombox shop? beyond the method of propulsion the tesla is no different from any other car.
I offered advice take it or leave it.

really?
do you think those guys at the installation dept at best buy are any less capable than some guys at xyz boombox shop? beyond the method of propulsion the tesla is no different from any other car.
I offered advice take it or leave it.
I do appreciate your response and it is an option so thank you for giving it, so my response was not meant to be negative. In my local best buy it never had a good experience with install as they didn't seem to know what they were doing but that could be anywhere. I would have thought how wires and power are run would be different....

Where is the best place price to purchase the dr650gw-2ch?

I would recommend blackboxmycar.com, the owner Alex is personally answers any questions and they offer warranty that other sellers on Amazon don't. Just keep in mind the prices are actually in Canadian Dollars as they are based in Canada so the U.S prices are lower (pay using PayPal).