Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Always open fully at this location?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a parking garage at home with a low ceiling so the FWD detects that and do not open fully. However, there is actually room for them to open all the way although with just a few inches to spare. I can force them up by overriding the opening height on the center console. According to my user manual, the car is supposed to remember this and geotag the location as safe.

Unfortunately this does not seem to work. The next time I enter the garage the FWD still open to the low position. So am I doing something wrong or is the user manual not in sync with the actual firmware? I'm on version 17.17.17 for Europe.

Yup, I still see the pop-up to open fully at this location (AP1.0 17.11.10). You have to hold down the open button until the door is completely opened. If you let go before it fully opens, you don't get the pop-up. So, try holding it down for a few seconds longer after you think it's fully opened. Otherwise, might be a difference in Country or firmware.
ND3pqCg.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, I still see the pop-up to open fully at this location (AP1.0 17.11.10). You have to hold down the "completely" open button until the door is fully opened. If you let go before it fully opens, you don't get the pop-up. So, try holding it down for a few seconds longer after you think it's fully opened. Otherwise, might be a difference in Country or firmware.
OK, thanks. I will make a new try tomorrow. My car is brand new, took delivery two weeks ago. 100D, AP2, SW 17.17.17.
i-hBfP8sd-L.jpg

Reactions: championi