Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am at a loss: is the $2k FSD offer going away on Monday?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon Musk on Twitter

I can’t make out reality... I have EAP.

Seems pretty clear from the twitter thread that, if you want FSD for the 2k price (meaning you are someone who bought Enhanced autopilot or "EAP") that you need to buy before monday. Otherwise, you will have the features you paid for already, without the supposedly upcoming FSD features, both announced and unannounced.

For me, I went ahead and bought the FSD package for 2k (I am one who bought EAP with the car), as I would NEVER be happy paying a higher price for it, now that it was offered to me for 2k. It doesnt matter what others get it for, it only matters what "I" can buy it for to me.

I want the new hardware (HW3) and think I will get it "eventually" or in elon speak "long term". It was worth the 2k for me to upgrade because I would have likely wanted it at "some point".

I am only talking about the information in the linked thread OP posted, not about whether or not the 2k is fair or not. That discussion is already going on in the other gargantuan thread and should stay there.

So does this mean going up to:
  • $3000 - Initial lowered price for people who already purchased EAP.
  • $4000 - Price I was told I would pay for after sale FSD when I purchased the car.
  • $5000 - Price people who purchased after I did were told they would pay for after sale FSD.
  • $7000 - Was this also a price for after sale FSD?

Good point... I would say "higher than 2k".... but now I dont know, but I paid the 2k price yesterday so /shrug.. I dont have to worry about it.

Musk's tweet confirmed that EAP folks who currently have the $2,000 USD option for FSD will revert back to $4,000 USD on Monday. So you have now until then to decide.

Is Autopilot (Enables your car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically for other vehicles and pedestrians within its lane) still $2k for those who bought their cars last year?

Amateur hour at Tesla :rolleyes:

Evil genius move really. If you are in that boat and have any interest in FSD you’ll be checking the couch cushions this weekend.

Bit concerned of how the last 10 days have gone as it seems a bit desperate, but so long as it works out. The transition off the tax credit was never going to be easy, but so long as they keep innovating and driving down costs the future is bright.

Yes it will go up to $11,000 after Monday ($4k for AP and $7k for FSD)

What a rollercoaster ride. I have been as frustrated as everyone else. Now I have to decide if I want to charge $3k over the next couple days. Here’s what I think Elon’s tweets mean...

“I was trying to make cars more affordable at any cost and instead you whined like babies about the price drop and store closures. So, I thought how can I make a ton of cash and make people happy so I offered AP for $2k and FSD for $3K. Then all the babies who had bought EAP for $5k started whining, so I dropped the price of FSD from $3k to $2k for them which is basically at cost. Then all the people who had bought both started freaking, so I realized I would have to cut this offer fast. Plus the board is annoyed that we are selling some cars and features at cost. So, I am going back on everything I said 11 days ago.”

My guess as to what comes next:

Model 3 base prices:
Standard ($35k until end of year)
Standard+ (discontinued)
Midrange ($42,000)
Long Range ($45,000)
AWD ($49,000)
Performance ($60,000)
Autopilot $3k FSD $5k
After Delivery $4k-$11k (for everyone)
White interior $1,500
Wheel upgrade $2,000