Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AM/FM streaming issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gotta have my CapRadio NPR in the morning... but for the past week or so, the FM streaming doesn't load, just an image of that forever spinning icon. Slacker radio stations operate like usual. It didn't coincide with a software update, either. I tried a hard system reboot since it had been a considerable amount of time since the last one (pressing both thumbwheels and the brakes), but no change. Has anyone else lost their FM streaming option?

When you say "streaming" I presume you mean just "playing" like every other FM radio does? (Serious question. As far as a I know it's real FM radio we listen to, even though a lot of FM stations also stream through TuneIn.)

Yes, my FM freezes sometimes. Usually comes back in a couple seconds, but sometimes takes longer. Has been going on as far as I can remember (got the car last Nov). Sometimes just changing the FM station gets sound again.

When you say "streaming" I presume you mean just "playing" like every other FM radio does? (Serious question. As far as a I know it's real FM radio we listen to, even though a lot of FM stations also stream through TuneIn.)

Yes, my FM freezes sometimes. Usually comes back in a couple seconds, but sometimes takes longer. Has been going on as far as I can remember (got the car last Nov). Sometimes just changing the FM station gets sound again.

Correct, it is the "radio" setting, not streaming. I can't tune to any station on radio mode. If I switch to streaming and pick the "talk and news" genre, it only shows the ABC News option. Sounds like I need to make a call to the service people as it may not be a widespread issue.

Gotta have my CapRadio NPR in the morning... but for the past week or so, the FM streaming doesn't load, just an image of that forever spinning icon. Slacker radio stations operate like usual. It didn't coincide with a software update, either. I tried a hard system reboot since it had been a considerable amount of time since the last one (pressing both thumbwheels and the brakes), but no change. Has anyone else lost their FM streaming option?

I had the same problem this week. I've also had the touchscreen UI rebooting itself maybe 4 times this week. The FM radio did not come back after the reboots. However, the FM radio problem disappeared on it's own while the car was parked. It has worked fine for the last few days.