Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I being overly cautious?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received an email from Tesla yesterday requesting that I fill out forms related to the iZEV program in Canada. The one form is just me stating that I received the rebate and it was applied against the purchase price of my vehicle. I have no issue signing this form. The second form concerns me, as it has me declare that if the Government deems me ineligible for any reason I need to pay the $5000.

I have now had the car for just less than a year. I have no idea what the timelines are for Tesla to have submitted the forms (forms I signed at the time of delivery as well BTW) so a little concerned about accepting liability for something I have no control over.

Your comments would be appreciated.

I received an email from Tesla yesterday requesting that I fill out forms related to the iZEV program in Canada. The one form is just me stating that I received the rebate and it was applied against the purchase price of my vehicle. I have no issue signing this form. The second form concerns me, as it has me declare that if the Government deems me ineligible for any reason I need to pay the $5000.

I have now had the car for just less than a year. I have no idea what the timelines are for Tesla to have submitted the forms (forms I signed at the time of delivery as well BTW) so a little concerned about accepting liability for something I have no control over.

Your comments would be appreciated.

I would call up the store where you bought it and double check with them verbally. You might as well ask them why there's such a hold up with the forms - these are new to me, but might be because of the federal incentive program as opposed to the [now non-existent] provincial.