Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I crazy for wanting to put Turbines on a new Model S LR?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. That is not true.
But is it true if you use sportline aftermarket rims Tesla won’t honor any factory warranty or work if they say due to after runs?
What glide said. I have about 6000 miles on my 20 inch wheels now and zero issues. I had my car serviced with no issues and had Tesla even align it, which they were Admittedly hesitant, but willing to do. I’m sure there are some service centers that wont align aftermarket wheels, but there are plenty of other shops that will.

But is it true if you use sportline aftermarket rims Tesla won’t honor any factory warranty or work if they say due to after rims?
ONLY, if they have proof that the wheels themselves somehow caused the parts failure, which is unlikely. Pretty tough for a wheel alone to cause a problem. Maybe if you bend one and keep driving, the vibration could cause other problems. But that's a driver cause, not a wheel cause and they could still invalidate a warranty repair if a driver did the same with a stock wheel. Improperly installed wheels could create problems, again, unlikely. Wheels will have no impact on warranty service for 95% of the car. Meaning, Tesla can't decline an electrical failure repair because you put wheels on the car. The potential is that any modified parts can only void the warranty of specific item failures directly caused by the modification made. It does not void the warranty of the entire car. Any items having no relation to the wheels directly (most of the car), would not be impacted by changing the wheels. Naturally, the wheels themselves would not be under Tesla warranty since they aren't Tesla wheels. But, you should have a warranty for just the wheels from whoever manufactured the wheels.