Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I crazy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really like the design if the Model X but never bought one because our first Tesla was for my wife and she preferred the sedan, so S it was. The second we purchased was a Y PUP because we have 3 kids that visit and everyone always seems to need to go somewhere this we needed a spare and we decided the Y was a good all around car, I snuck the PUP and my wife never commented so I guess I’m safe.

I really want to road trip in an all electric vehicle and I prefer the seating position of the X vs the S. I believe it has plenty of space for us, our French bulldog, and our things. I have a cyber truck on preorder, an early one, but that could be a couple or more years. Thus, I’m thinking the X is a good fit.

i just took a 3300 mile cruise from NJ to Amelia Island, FL (home 2) to Marco Island, FL (home 3 in progress) back to Amelia Island over to Tallahassee to visit my son at FSU, back to Amelia Island, then finally returning to Monmouth County NJ. The only vehicle I have here that was large enough was my enormous HD Ram Power Wagon. The trip was over 1k in gas but the truck behaved pretty nicely and I like being high up.

Can the MX be driven in a beach? Is the best choice for such a trip? If not what do you recommend? I’m going to do it again at the end of Feb or early March. I’d like to go many other places touring the country. After so many years traveling abroad we decided we’d just like to see all of the wonderful places the US has to offer. i don’t want to do tile to wait and I’m. It sure I can do 3k in my PW again.

Thanks in advance for indulging me.
Not a Tesla but check this out. This is in Dubai. When I lived there I really enjoyed it.

Reactions: Zer0t
I really like the design if the Model X but never bought one because our first Tesla was for my wife and she preferred the sedan, so S it was. The second we purchased was a Y PUP because we have 3 kids that visit and everyone always seems to need to go somewhere this we needed a spare and we decided the Y was a good all around car, I snuck the PUP and my wife never commented so I guess I’m safe.

I really want to road trip in an all electric vehicle and I prefer the seating position of the X vs the S. I believe it has plenty of space for us, our French bulldog, and our things. I have a cyber truck on preorder, an early one, but that could be a couple or more years. Thus, I’m thinking the X is a good fit.

i just took a 3300 mile cruise from NJ to Amelia Island, FL (home 2) to Marco Island, FL (home 3 in progress) back to Amelia Island over to Tallahassee to visit my son at FSU, back to Amelia Island, then finally returning to Monmouth County NJ. The only vehicle I have here that was large enough was my enormous HD Ram Power Wagon. The trip was over 1k in gas but the truck behaved pretty nicely and I like being high up.

Can the MX be driven in a beach? Is the best choice for such a trip? If not what do you recommend? I’m going to do it again at the end of Feb or early March. I’d like to go many other places touring the country. After so many years traveling abroad we decided we’d just like to see all of the wonderful places the US has to offer. i don’t want to do tile to wait and I’m. It sure I can do 3k in my PW again.

Thanks in advance for indulging me.

If you want to buy a Tesla for cargo room, just get the Model Y. It genuinely has similar cargo room compared to a Model X, maybe a couple boxes less, but half the price in the end.

However, the Model X features luxury extras that can make your road trip better. First of which is the soooooooooooooooooooooooft air suspension. Then, of course, the panoramic windshield is fantastic to view the sights (it really makes road-tripping better). Of course, you got cooled seats for the front only, which can help if you're visiting a more hot climate.

Finally, if you're an audiophile, the sound system is fantastic in the new refreshes, including the Model Xs.

Reactions: Zer0t

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_5805.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5805.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 58
  • thumbnail_IMG_5900.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5900.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 37
  • thumbnail_IMG_5909.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5909.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 37