Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I daft to receive a new M3 now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah they all have a heat pump. I'm in south-west Norway so climate is similar to Scotland. Not much genuine need for 4WD to be honest. If I go into the mountains will probably bring the S-Max as FWD with good winter tyres is perfectly OK. My BMW is utterly useless, but I've heard similar things to Adopado - that Tesla, or EV in general, traction control is a league ahead of ICE TC in terms of control, so even a RWD Tesla is probably useable on snow too.
Not sure if you know that you posted in the UK forum, most won't be familiar with the latest news in Norway so you may get a better response for purchasing a Tesla in Norway at the Norway section

Not sure if you know that you posted in the UK forum, most won't be familiar with the latest news in Norway so you may get a better response for purchasing a Tesla in Norway at the Norway section

If I post in the Norway section here, it might get a few views within three months or so, and maybe even a reply within six! :):p

I'm mostly after just general thoughts on the likeliness of an imminent M3 Europe price drop and pro's and cons of taking my delivery in the next 4-6 weeks vs. waiting longer to see what develops or even considering a nearly new used model, even though the specifics of my local market are a bit different to UK. I appreciate the good discussion already posted.

Reactions: candida
There really is no softness in demand, lets see what the sales figures show for the quarter just closed. All we've seen is a reversal of the abnormal delays that were caused by Covid lockdowns in China earlier this year. We know there won't be any new incentives in the UK, and the prices will only increase in line with the 10% + inflation in the UK. The 'revised' Model 3 by current accounts is only about making profit margin greater for Tesla.

Nothing is going to be cheaper by waiting, the opposite.

Well that didn't age very well! 😆

I hold you directly and personally responsible for me jumping into a used M3 LR with possibly the worst timing in history! :) I completed the sale and picked up the car Thursday evening last week, and over breakfast on Friday morning I had to congratulate the seller on his perfect timing!

OK it's not so bad - here in Norway the reductions weren't as crazy as UK or some other places (Denmark was insane), and they are offset by new taxes for 2023. So the new RWD I had on order only decreased ~£2k, and with that I was definitely still gonna be very tempted to drop it and go with a used LR for similar money. The LR decreased a bit less effectively as it is hit harder by the new taxes, plus the one I bought was a bit cheap compared to the market, so I didn't do too bad.

Obviously I could likely have done better if I had a crystal ball telling me to wait, but it doesn't sting too bad at all. The LR I bought is minty mint and I'm loving it so far. My brain is busy convincing myself the white multicoat is fabulous and I didn't want the red in the first place, and boy those USS are reassuring! :) The 4WD was excellent in this morning's snow, so much that I'm now perusing the manual hoping there's a way to turn off the traction control for fun.

Well that didn't age very well! 😆

I hold you directly and personally responsible for me jumping into a used M3 LR with possibly the worst timing in history! :) I completed the sale and picked up the car Thursday evening last week, and over breakfast on Friday morning I had to congratulate the seller on his perfect timing!

OK it's not so bad - here in Norway the reductions weren't as crazy as UK or some other places (Denmark was insane), and they are offset by new taxes for 2023. So the new RWD I had on order only decreased ~£2k, and with that I was definitely still gonna be very tempted to drop it and go with a used LR for similar money. The LR decreased a bit less effectively as it is hit harder by the new taxes, plus the one I bought was a bit cheap compared to the market, so I didn't do too bad.

Obviously I could likely have done better if I had a crystal ball telling me to wait, but it doesn't sting too bad at all. The LR I bought is minty mint and I'm loving it so far. My brain is busy convincing myself the white multicoat is fabulous and I didn't want the red in the first place, and boy those USS are reassuring! :) The 4WD was excellent in this morning's snow, so much that I'm now perusing the manual hoping there's a way to turn off the traction control for fun.
lol, sorry. I wouldn't believe all you read on the internet.

I wouldn't buy a new one right now personally.
  • Lack of USS would annoy me too much. Not so much that I need it as much as others do, but the lack of compensating camera based functionality, and scepticism that it will be resolved any time soon (or work consistently, once it is released).

• A significant "permanent" price cut soon seems inevitable with supply exceeding demand (Tesla just dropped prices for the end of quarter push).
  • Murmurs about a redesign. The Model 3 is a 5+ year old design, and whilst I suspect this redesign will be more about Tesla saving money by reducing the number of parts, it might still bring noteable changes.
I would probably look for a nearly new one with USS if it were me and I felt like I needed to buy one.
But still below the market expectations, hence the cratering of the stock price today.

Tesla also massively discounted the price of the cars towards the end of the year, and gave 6000 miles supercharging (itself worth several thousand depending on when/where you charge).

We'll see if they discount things slightly in the coming months, my money is on there being a discount of between £2500 - £5000 on different models.

Posted January 3rd.

giphy.gif

(not that I'm milking this "stopped clock is right twice a day" moment or anything)

We'll see if they discount things slightly in the coming months, my money is on there being a discount of between £2500 - £5000 on different models. (not that I'm milking this "stopped clock is right twice a day" moment or anything)
Although you prefer to be seen as gloating & boastful, I firmly believe that deep down you are actually a very nice chap (but hide it so well !!!)
winking-emoticon.png

• Funny
Reactions: Durzel