TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Am I getting a rejected car?

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by captncollins, Jul 8, 2018.

1. captncollins

captncollins New Member

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if I am getting a car that was rejected on delivery due to what seems to be an early production date and low vin as described by my ISA. I'm concerned I may be getting a rejected delivery as my VIN seems low for when it was assigned compared to others as well as my ISA told me that the car had finished production the first week of June. I've asked multiple times if this car had been a rejected delivery but have not heard from my ISA in over a week.

VIN: 25xxx
    Completed production: 1st week of June (ISA told me this)
    White, RWD

Configured: 6/12/18
    ISA contacted me: 6/26/18
    Original delivery date: 7/21/18
    VIN assigned: 6/28/18
    Current delivery date: 7/16/18

Could this be a rejected delivery car or could it have really sat on the lot for over a month prior to being delivered?

Thanks for the insight.

2. Ejl80

Ejl80 Supporting Member

I would not think this is a rejected car. It traveled from California sometime between the end of the first week of June and now. When would someone have tried to receive and reject it?

3. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Probably not rejected ...maybe a tent car ?:eek:

• Disagree x 1
  4. DannyHamilton

DannyHamilton Member

#4 DannyHamilton, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    I suspect that Tesla started stockpiling cars in June to avoid exceeding 200,000 vehicles delivered in the U.S. until after July 1. The reasoning would be to extend the $7,500 federal tax credit from September 30 to December 31. My guess is that you are receiving one of these stockpiled vehicles.

• Like x 4
    • Disagree x 1
  5. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Yep, this is most likely what happened.

6. ezevphl

ezevphl Member

Doesn't seem that low, at least you didn't have to wait too long between config and delivery.

I configured a month and a half before you, got a VIN a few days before you configured and my delivery is this weekend.
    VIN similar to yours. (also east coast)

7. Phillyasian

Phillyasian Member

VIN number DOES NOT DETERMINE BUILD DATE. Besides, you already know that the car was built the 1st week of June. How is that possibly an early production date? Its July 10th right now???????????

8. Marsnaut

Marsnaut Member

A month ago, 25xxx for delivery would be considered one of the highest VINs (note my VIN and delivery). Don't think too much about it. It's batched by configuration (mainly colors) which means it is NOT chronological.

9. patoirish

patoirish Member

Just got my VIN today and it's 30xxx. I think you are just fine and it's not rejected as I ordered on 6/27.

10. hjelmn

hjelmn Member

According to the Model 3 spreadsheet VINs have been all over the place. Probably not rejected.

11. jschwefel

jschwefel VIN #1249, aka “Frank”

FWIW, I have VIN #59xx and love it. Anything you do find, Tesla Service will fix it. Enjoy the car.

12. jdmasters

jdmasters Member

the bumper color issue maybe?

13. captncollins

captncollins New Member

This is honestly what I am most worried about at this point. Being built in June it should have the new seats and quieter glass. I just hope the bumpers match..