Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I getting a rejected car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

I wonder if I am getting a car that was rejected on delivery due to what seems to be an early production date and low vin as described by my ISA. I'm concerned I may be getting a rejected delivery as my VIN seems low for when it was assigned compared to others as well as my ISA told me that the car had finished production the first week of June. I've asked multiple times if this car had been a rejected delivery but have not heard from my ISA in over a week.

VIN: 25xxx
Completed production: 1st week of June (ISA told me this)
White, RWD

Configured: 6/12/18
ISA contacted me: 6/26/18
Original delivery date: 7/21/18
VIN assigned: 6/28/18
Current delivery date: 7/16/18

Could this be a rejected delivery car or could it have really sat on the lot for over a month prior to being delivered?

Thanks for the insight.

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if I am getting a car that was rejected on delivery due to what seems to be an early production date and low vin as described by my ISA. I'm concerned I may be getting a rejected delivery as my VIN seems low for when it was assigned compared to others as well as my ISA told me that the car had finished production the first week of June. I've asked multiple times if this car had been a rejected delivery but have not heard from my ISA in over a week.

White, RWD

Could this be a rejected delivery car or could it have really sat on the lot for over a month prior to being delivered?

Thanks for the insight.

I would not think this is a rejected car. It traveled from California sometime between the end of the first week of June and now. When would someone have tried to receive and reject it?

Hi Everyone,

White, RWD

Thanks for the insight.

Doesn't seem that low, at least you didn't have to wait too long between config and delivery.

I configured a month and a half before you, got a VIN a few days before you configured and my delivery is this weekend.
VIN similar to yours. (also east coast)

Hi Everyone,

White, RWD

Thanks for the insight.
VIN number DOES NOT DETERMINE BUILD DATE. Besides, you already know that the car was built the 1st week of June. How is that possibly an early production date? Its July 10th right now???????????

A month ago, 25xxx for delivery would be considered one of the highest VINs (note my VIN and delivery). Don't think too much about it. It's batched by configuration (mainly colors) which means it is NOT chronological.