Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

am I going to hate it? - streaming music (I hate spotify)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
for some reason I have never liked spotify, I think their UI sucks and selection is underwhelming for my taste. My two main sources of music in the car are either XM and itunes radio.

I know I can stream both through bluetooth, but it seems like this is a consistent deficiency with MY and M3.

Am I going to be disappointed?

Troll. Someone who likes XM > Spotify? XM repeats the same 50 songs for each genre. It’s convenient as we don’t have to choose a song or playlist as you get what you get but beyond that, no thanks.

Troll. Someone who likes XM > Spotify? XM repeats the same 50 songs for each genre. It’s convenient as we don’t have to choose a song or playlist as you get what you get but beyond that, no thanks.

@Madsen203 never got into Sirius XM for music either. I do have a streaming-only sub, but it's 100% for Howard Stern. I download the episodes on my phone and listen offline either while I work or sometimes in the car (streamed over Bluetooth). As soon as Howard retires, I will definitely be ending my sub.

OP here, I don't understand what having a personal preference for XM which I have had for 10+ years and Apple music which has more of the russian and european music acts that I listen to makes me a troll?

I was asking more about the bluetooth interface and the issues other have reported here re streaming off their phone, not your preferences for what your preferred streaming service is.

Sooooo.... can somebody answer my original question, what have your expereinces been streaming apple music and XM off your phones? and if it's been as miserable as some have posted, am I going to end up switching to spotify to avoid the BT streaming issues?

Sooooo.... can somebody answer my original question, what have your expereinces been streaming apple music and XM off your phones? and if it's been as miserable as some have posted, am I going to end up switching to spotify to avoid the BT streaming issues?

I stream both and have had no problem with sound quality. But then I'm not an "audiophile" that claims to be able to hear the difference between two different speakers or compression bit rates.

I also don't have a problem with music selection on SiriusXM. Apparently there are more than fifty '60's, '70's, Broadway, classical and Sinatra songs available. I do wish they would go back to the way Sirius did the Classic Radio station, but I've adjusted to it.

I stream both and have had no problem with sound quality. But then I'm not an "audiophile" that claims to be able to hear the difference between two different speakers or compression bit rates.

I also don't have a problem with music selection on SiriusXM. Apparently there are more than fifty '60's, '70's, Broadway, classical and Sinatra songs available. I do wish they would go back to the way Sirius did the Classic Radio station, but I've adjusted to it.
thank you, good to hear. I'm not an audiophile either, I just wanted to hear experiences streaming via bluetooth. My selection on XM varies between the classic rock, country, dance and sports channels

It takes all kinds, so I'm disappointed that Tesla thinks they have to put music up on my screen whenever I get in the car. I personally like to drive without music at all, but that's not an option it seems. I just turn my volume all the way down no matter what's playing, Siriously.

@roblab maybe try switching to using your paired phone as the music source and just don't play anything on the phone. I'm pretty sure that works.

Reactions: CapsEngineer
It takes all kinds, so I'm disappointed that Tesla thinks they have to put music up on my screen whenever I get in the car. I personally like to drive without music at all, but that's not an option it seems. I just turn my volume all the way down no matter what's playing, Siriously.

Curious. If I mute a source using the left scroll wheel before I get out, when I get back in, nothing is playing. Are you saying that when you first get in, music is always playing? Or that it displays the music on the screen?

Agreed. I have Spotify premium and Apple Music, and the Spotify UI is way better.
I actually prefer Apply Music's UI to Spotify. Mostly it's down to how Spotify manages your library. I like to add specific albums from an artist and see those in a list grouped by artist and not have it cluttered by either live releases or deluxe editions I'm not interested in. This is impossible with Spotify as you pick your favorite artists and then it shows you all of their available releases. It's a lot more cluttered for the way I like to use a music library. You can like albums on Spotify but you can't then see them grouped by artist so it really becomes a chore to navigate.

For the most part, I think this is all down to people's personal preferences though as I can understand why someone would think Spotify's UI is much better. I'm not one to use the music discovery features of these services. I find music I'm interested in other places then look for it in-app by album and I don't use playlists. I'll use the artist radio features as well which I think both work just the same.