Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I going to regret the aero wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm using the 18" for my winter rims with wheel covers to increase range due to less range in the cold winter months - which is noticeable already up here. The 18" look good with the wheel cap kit as well, but maximum range will be key in the winter up here. The 19" are great looking rims, but that extra 3 or 5% or whatever range from the wheel covers now will come in handy. I had the covers off all summer with the $50 kit and really liked them as well. Will have to decide come summer what to do as I'm getting as second set of rims and not sure if I go with 19" OEM, 18" OEM or something like the Replika R187 which have that turbine look. :) I appreciate all the ideas I get from this forum and the photos of what others have done.

I ordered my red car with 19" wheels, but ended up taking delivery of a Model 3 with the aeros because my car was still in Fremont on Sept. 30. The SC said they would order the wheels, but ended up refunding my overpayment. Long story short, I now have the 19" wheels AND the $1500 AND a sincere apology from Tesla for the inconvenience.

I might have warmed to the aeros if I pulled the covers off, but I knew they weren't staying on the car for the long term. I never got over the chrome envy I felt when I saw another red Model 3 with "my" wheels. However, I'll say that 19" wheels are a little noisier and offer a firmer ride than the 18" aeros. The difference is slight but noticeable since I drove the first 1000 miles on the aeros.

Tesla rolled their mobile service to my office to swap the tires out. In a Model S. Yep, all 4 wheels were tucked in the trunk. The tech forgot to update my avatar so that will require another site visit, even though it was more convenient to pop out to the SC because they "do not take drop ins." I wonder why this can't be done over the air?

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-15_12-1-44.png
    upload_2018-11-15_12-1-44.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 224