Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I misinformed? (EV fires versus ICE fires)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But they didnt state the brand. They always state the brand when an american puts a bullet through his battery and complains that his tesla spontaneously combusted
To be generous that’s probably because all car brands are the same, so it’s not worth mentioning.
An alien couldn’t tell a Mercedes C200 from a Ford Focus.

Reactions: ICUDoc
419A8A18-88D9-4AFC-B358-59FCAD1BCC52.png
Looks like a VE - VF Commodore wagon.

Two ICE accidents last night on TV (VIC) ... both cars went up in flames no mention of how dangerous petrol is... Fatality in one.
The approach by the adelaide advertiser newspaper online sums it up well. If there is an article about tesla or any other electric car, public comments are permitted. If there is an article about an ICE car, comments section is deactivated, every time.

@WA-T3sla ,

Here's the facts gleamed from US road stats from 2015,

300,000 Teslas on the road have been driven a total of 7.5 billion miles, and about 40 fires have been reported.
That works out to five fires for every billion miles traveled,

ICE cars: compared to a rate of 55 fires per billion miles traveled in gasoline cars.
This works out 11 ICE vehicle fires for every 1 Tesla EV fire!

Are electric cars more likely to catch fire? Yes, Yes & Yes!

@WA-T3sla ,

Here's the facts gleamed from US road stats from 2015,

300,000 Teslas on the road have been driven a total of 7.5 billion miles, and about 40 fires have been reported.
That works out to five fires for every billion miles traveled,

ICE cars: compared to a rate of 55 fires per billion miles traveled in gasoline cars.
This works out 11 ICE vehicle fires for every 1 Tesla EV fire!

Are electric cars more likely to catch fire? Yes, Yes & Yes!
Remind me to sell my tesla at 200 million miles, just before it catches fire.

A car-racing mate of mine reckoned he'd never buy a Tesla because of the risk of Li battery fires. Well, I imagine he still uses phones and power drills. And has one or more ICE cars with highly flammable stuff in little tinny tanks, poured in the open air from bowsers. Yeah... I'll take the batteries, thanks.