Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I missing something? SiriusXM tuning.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I tap into my SiriusXM radio, I can select the shortcut buttons but if I am listening to Channel 125 and I want to listen to Lithium on Channel 34, the only way I can get there is hold the left arrow down and "scroll" down almost 100 stations.

Did I lose the knob or am I not seeing the numeric keypad to tune into 34?

Originally Tesla had a station slider for XM, like for AM & FM radio.

In the great wisdom of the software developers, they eliminated the station slider for XM - forcing users to single step through stations.

You can get around this by setting favorites for stations.

The other option is to use the station browsers to navigate through the station listings to find the station you want.

Still would like to see the station slider come back...

I just signed up for SXM in my new 2020 S. Under radio I have FM and SXM. Selecting the SXM button the the SXM menu gives me Entertainment which only has 1 XM Preview and More which has 0 RADIO ID. Trying Direct Tune, under the SXM menu, brings up the numeric pad. If I enter a number and press TUNE, the number just clears out with no change to audio (still listening to the preview). Never had this issue with my 2013 P85+. I have reached the limit for radio refresh both yesterday and today. What am I doing wrong?
image.jpg

I just signed up for SXM in my new 2020 S. Under radio I have FM and SXM. Selecting the SXM button the the SXM menu gives me Entertainment which only has 1 XM Preview and More which has 0 RADIO ID. Trying Direct Tune, under the SXM menu, brings up the numeric pad. If I enter a number and press TUNE, the number just clears out with no change to audio (still listening to the preview). Never had this issue with my 2013 P85+. I have reached the limit for radio refresh both yesterday and today. What am I doing wrong?View attachment 543463
It appears to me that your subscription is not valid. I would call SXM support.

After refreshing, you may need to run the XM app outside where the vehicle has access to the satellite (it doesn't use the internet).

Also, sometimes rebooting the console processor will clear XM issues.

New X as of 5/23 - EXACT same problem - only 0 and 1. Did a XM refresh - no help. XM account shows correct new radio ID. If it is an XM problem radio should tune to channel but there would be no audio - as is, as described above the numbers go away and there is no channel header.