Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I not understanding the app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like the meter died in February and SCE has been using estimated values since then.

View attachment 660273

"estimates" that basically ignore however much you exported.... wow.

I have been saying SCE isnt as bad as PGE but I might need to revise that statement, lol.

EDIT:.. not only does the bill not say "estimate" but you called before, and talked to them for a couple hours per your earlier post. At some point you would think there should be a flag in the account or something that says "estimate" and they should have already been trying to contact you to replace the meter.

Reactions: SoCal Dave
Will do.

I have no idea how long they would have let it go on. I would assume they would have some type of report showing meters not providing data and would work them when they exceed a certain threshold.
SCE "lost" all daily NEM data for April which they said is not coming back, and daily NEM for May is still missing.
My April bill was also higher than expected.
Good luck!

I mentioned this recently on the forum but we have PG&E and had a meter whose display went out. We found out about it when PG&E rang our doorbell to install a new meter. Apparently had been out for a few days but they knew about it and scheduled someone to replace it. Told my husband the data was still captured in the meter despite display not visible and it might take a billing cycle to see updated info. The next bill that arrived after that did not have any reporting for that period and I haven’t thought to ask my husband if we have received a subsequent bill yet that should have the corrected usage. Think we get billing shortly after the first of the month so might not have been generated yet. But will say PG&E looks to have been way more responsive to monitoring our meter than SCE has been for you in your case OP and pro-active about replacing it (especially during peak solar generating time).

BTW our original SmartMeter was a GE I-210+ meter and was replaced by an Aclara I-210+c one.

Last edited:
This is still not addressed by Edison. I've called them a number of times and keep getting told someone will contact me. I don't know how many times I've had to explain my app shows the power sent to Edison and not just the power generated.

They have pushed out my bill when it is due, but still frustrating that it continues to drag on.