Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I prepared? Yes I am!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I could tip the following in the scales:

Softwear:
3951257683_2edeface7b.jpg

even softer: (Tesla font ;-)
3951262713_5a23c500c2.jpg

Hardware:
3952036536_af71ca9a35.jpg

Sign:
3952040662_f2e12f5672.jpg

lets start with the car parts:

Sector 111 micro mirror:
3952036932_3f8fdfde8f.jpg

Bosch ICON 424A windshield wipers:
3951263167_5fb4c8f31c.jpg

Everplate.com stainless steel licence plate holder for back, painted to match cars black/white scheme:
3952037242_98b7911170.jpg

Original Steve Casners Front Licence Plate holder (through tow hook), special EU version (P1 :cool:), adopted with everplate.com bent version of plate holder, painted to match cars black/white scheme: (this project nearly took 6 month :cool:)
3951260697_12971c938e.jpg

3952039768_a964975f00.jpg

3951260161_5797c2e93e.jpg

and the infrastructure:

Power Meter:
3835762569_020b275df8.jpg

3835763029_b8f03c7396.jpg

Power Outlet:
3834392154_3ddf10dd36.jpg

3834392550_429a1dd36c.jpg

and a place where all this parts should be in, my garage:
3834395180_c318a385d4.jpg

Whats in the pipeline?
So what is still missing: A Tesla Roadster :wink:
But this, EU signature #25, is now sheduled for delivery on Monday, 28th of september, afternoon. Ordered February 2008 (US version first), a long time period now is coming to an end.

Yes, I will post photos as soon time allows.
No, I will not disassemble the car so soon.

I think you need to Photoshop a Roadster into that photo of the Empty garage...it looks so empty!
Congrats, I suspect my near-delivery enthusiasm will be very similar to yours.
I'd like to hear more on the license plate bracket...why was that such a big project, why not use a standard bracket? What was the story there?

I'd like to hear more on the license plate bracket...why was that such a big project, why not use a standard bracket?

Well, I'm guessing he felt the way about the standard bracket some of the rest of us did - drilling through the front bumper would be a cryin' shame. And I think it's a solid guess that getting the first euro-plate adaptation of the RF/Casner bracket was where the trouble was.

dpeilow,
unfortunately not.
It was sheduled for yesterday afternoon, and at 7pm I called Tesla. They told me something of an british truck, and british driving behavior :wink:
The truck was in a traffic jam a few days ago, and so shedule did not work, the driver had to make a 48 hour brake by law. This influenced my delivery, it is now sheduled for today afternoon. :smile:

The reason why this EU-licence plate holder was such a "project" is easily explained: The unit was not existing. Steve was only offering batches of an US version. And he had 1 Unit of an "old version". I thought I could help if he converts this old version to dimensions fitting for the EU plate. Steve, who is a real nice guy, gave his ok, and we determined the additional costs. When it cames to manufacturing the modifications, Steves contact who is manufacturing the things declined to modify the existing bracket, he insisted in making it "real good" and therefore an own drawing sheme for the EU version was created. This took some time, but then it was done, manufactured and sent to me.
In the meantime, I had ordered the stainless steel licence plate holder. But the company, despite mentioning it on their homepage, declined of painting it. So I got the plate holder delivered, but had to ask another person to paint it in black.
When Steves holder arrived, I had to look for someone who drilled the matching holes in the licence plate holder, and carefully bent Steves bracket to the angle of the plate holder, and screw it.
This took its time, all together, but now its a very exclusive product. What we dont know is if it fits on the car ... :wink:

In general, past times were good times. :wink:
You (I) had a wait of 1 year and nearly 8 month for the roadster. There you learned about the value of the car, could run some projects nearby, and experience some sacral feelings.
Now, when you get your roadster 60 days after lock in, this is more a "Roadster to Go" :cool: I hope this people also can establish some realtionship with their car in advance, also ist such a short time ....

Martin, the truck that delivered mine just pulled away from my place about an hour ago - with your Roadster on it!

By the way, did you order yours without the TESLA lettering on the back? Yours has a blank bum!

dpeilow,
unfortunately not.
It was sheduled for yesterday afternoon, and at 7pm I called Tesla. They told me something of an british truck, and british driving behavior :wink:
The truck was in a traffic jam a few days ago, and so shedule did not work, the driver had to make a 48 hour brake by law. This influenced my delivery, it is now sheduled for today afternoon. :smile:

Trust the Americans to blame the British eh? :biggrin: :tongue:

I would have quite happily picked the car up from Hethel and delivered it down to you as well. :wink: As long as the hotels along the way would not mind me plugging in for the evening...

Looking forward to seeing the Roadie in it's rightful place in your garage and I expect a full report as well... Wishing you the best of health to enjoy your new car.

RGB,
great that you have yours too! And even a few hours before mine :wink:
What VIN are you now?

About 20 seconds later after finishing the above post, a big truck could be seen when I looked out of the window, with the driver sitting on the wrong side, not knowing if he is right here, so I knew - waiting had an end :smile:

Yes, I went for the "black & white contrast theme". I ordered with black Tesla letters on the back. And the seats - with white stitching of the Tesla letters in the seats (remind "Recaro" Sport/Race Seats, or some Porsche Seats). So I have the white car, with black wheels, black lettering, black interior, and white Tesla stitching in the seats. I think it will look great.
At first they lost my car in the software (see: my VIN #25 and your number delivered on the same day), then one week before delivery we realised that they "lost" my special order procedures also. Therefore, they made the back blank, will deliver black letters "later". Also, they will exchange the seats later for that seats in a style they were ordered. (I had more than one and a half year to think about how I would like to have my car :wink:)

RGB,
great that you have yours too! And even a few hours before mine :wink:
What VIN are you now?

#115.
Mine was supposed to be delivered Tuesday afternoon. Yours, of course, on Monday and a friends (#94), who was going to have his delivered to my place, was supposed to get dropped off today (Wednesday). Hence the surprise when I pulled into to parking lot at my office and the truck with all three of them was there, already unloading.
Also, people at my office thought I had gone completely nuts since I apparently had not only ordered just one but "obviously" two of those expensive "toy cars".

Martin, one thing that interests me: did you get a MC240? Both Roadsters that were delivered to me only have the low power charger. Tesla says there are parts that they can't get in at the moment in order to make all the MC240s they need. Therefore it'll take a few weeks until we get them. Bummer.

Eric,
no, black letters at the back are not really an official option. At first, I asked them not to glue the silver ones, and mail me the official tesla font that I can arrange for black (decal) letters for myself. They said "yes", but never mailed the font. At the end, instead of mailing the font, they said ok for providing the letters itself in black. (But now I found out that they have no idea and have to check where they can get the black letters :wink:)

RGB,
wow, #115 and #25 delivered on the same day - thats a difference of 90 cars or 3 weeks full production! This explains maybe why my car was coated with dust. But when I drove, the dust fell off.....
Yes, I do have an MC240. Works well. My positive surprice was the additional MC-however it is called (230V/16A). Very small, THIN cable, so less space in the trunk, and when away (e.g. at my parents, etc.), I will not find more than 16A out there. Good thing!

Eric,
no, black letters at the back are not really an official option. At first, I asked them not to glue the silver ones, and mail me the official tesla font that I can arrange for black (decal) letters for myself. They said "yes", but never mailed the font. At the end, instead of mailing the font, they said ok for providing the letters itself in black. (But now I found out that they have no idea and have to check where they can get the black letters :wink:)

Dr Taras has been rough on his letters and ordered a new set to replace bits. They arrive on a card vacu-sealed in plastic. I don't know if they have adhesive on them. The next step would be to find someone would can do black chrome on plastic. Paint is an option of course.

Malcolm,

all so busy. No Photopossibility yesterday, some small today afternoon. (I am not happy with the Photos). Surely will do more, better ones, and also some specific work on the "specialities". hopefully next week, or the week after. (white is so difficult to photograph? in reality, it looks much "nicer".)

See Album:
First Impressions - a set on Flickr
some details:
3968750903_f0931254a9.jpg

3968748263_0dbc5f5a8f.jpg

3969517786_c3b1488ac4.jpg

Oooooh yeah...That's what I am talking about..:biggrin: