Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I saving on fuel costs with my MS over my Prius?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IF you are going to whip out your Austin Energy, bill... I'll go get mine that has had a negative balance since Last April... :p

- - - Updated - - -

According to google, it doesn't seem so.

"According to a 2014 report[2] by the Texas Coalition for Affordable Power (TCAP), "deregulation cost Texans about $22 billion from 2002 to 2012. And residents in the deregulated market pay prices that are considerably higher than those who live in parts of the state that are still regulated."

It's true. Deregulation had prices go up. He's in Austin (like me) where we (and San Antonio) still have municipality utilties. We are usually the 2nd or 3rd lowest in the state. We also *LOVE* solar here. My 100% replacement system cost me about 45% of SRP after city/federal rebate. The system pays pack after ~9 years and has a 40 year panel lifespan (Go SunPower!). I currently have a slight over production that the city buys back and it's covering my 6 month unlimited charging at city owned ChargePoint chargers. I'm virtually driving for free + a tank of gas every 3000 miles.

Serenity (Ford Fusion) | Fuelly