Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I setting a record for longest delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today is 52 days since ordering. Car is still listed as in production. I figure best case it hits the road on Monday, day 54, then what... about a week to make it to Denver and be prepped? So minimum 61 days. For what it's worth, Monday will be two weeks since production started.

Maybe I'm just lucky and my car is the first off the line with some sort of major hardware upgrade...

Today is 52 days since ordering. Car is still listed as in production. I figure best case it hits the road on Monday, day 54, then what... about a week to make it to Denver and be prepped? So minimum 61 days. For what it's worth, Monday will be two weeks since production started.

Maybe I'm just lucky and my car is the first off the line with some sort of major hardware upgrade...

53 days here since ordered... I won't lie I'm an instant gratification type person and with the wait being longer than most I'm started to become annoyed. Eventually I'll get it and I'll love it bla bla but my patience waiting for that day is growing slim =\

I am sure even 61 days is not close to the longest unless you delete the first year of production from your formula. Mine was just a couple days short of 6 months after placing my order. That does not include the couple of years while I had a deposit down. There are probably others that are even longer than mine.

I am sure even 61 days is not close to the longest unless you delete the first year of production from your formula. Mine was just a couple days short of 6 months after placing my order. That does not include the couple of years while I had a deposit down. There are probably others that are even longer than mine.

Yeah, I figured. I meant more recent history.

You beat me in terms of days since ordering, but I've been in production longer than you. 18 days and counting. I know people say production time doesn't "matter" but it matters to me! Hah :)

Now also in my 18th day of production. 57 days since ordering. No word from my DS who told me two days ago he was going to email the factory and ask what was going on. I wonder if they finished my car a week ago and then wrecked it.

I am now the proud owner of:

4 new Niche M117 wheels
4 new Conte DWS06 tires
1 set of black rim protectors
1 evannex center console
1 set of evannex caliper covers
1 set of lloyds mats
1 new sound system (via evannex)
1 new driving cap
1 pair of driving gloves

Sadly, still no word on actually getting a car! Ordered 10/7, Confirmed 10/14, Production Started 11/16. Today is the 23rd day in production. I'm running out of things to buy to keep me from losing my sanity!

I am now the proud owner of:

4 new Niche M117 wheels
4 new Conte DWS06 tires
1 set of black rim protectors
1 evannex center console
1 set of evannex caliper covers
1 set of lloyds mats
1 new sound system (via evannex)
1 new driving cap
1 pair of driving gloves

Sadly, still no word on actually getting a car! Ordered 10/7, Confirmed 10/14, Production Started 11/16. Today is the 23rd day in production. I'm running out of things to buy to keep me from losing my sanity!

Wow. This is some perspective for me. I ordered 11/20, confirmed 11/27, production 12/1, completed 12/8, taking delivery 12/15. P90DL Blue with tan, 19"s. I'm really curious what's taking so long, but I wonder if something went weird. What's your DS say? At this point, I'd expect them to be investigating pretty aggressively on your behalf.

What was your projected delivery date range? Have they missed that?
My order for a 90D went final on Nov-24. Delivery set for between Dec-17 and Dec-31.
Certainly still possible.

Originally it was "Late Nov - Early Dec." Shortly after entering the production queue, my DS called to tell me my production was being pushed by a week. No idea why. The estimated delivery then changed to the much more vague, "Late Nov - December." It still says that.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow. This is some perspective for me. I ordered 11/20, confirmed 11/27, production 12/1, completed 12/8, taking delivery 12/15. P90DL Blue with tan, 19"s. I'm really curious what's taking so long, but I wonder if something went weird. What's your DS say? At this point, I'd expect them to be investigating pretty aggressively on your behalf.

Yeah it's really frustrating. I told my DS that I understand **** happens, just give me an explanation and some answers. I'm perhaps one of the few people on the planet who prefers the standard seats... is that the problem? Were there none left? Did the car catch on fire and they had to build it again? Is it one day away from finishing or one month?

Originally it was "Late Nov - Early Dec." Shortly after entering the production queue, my DS called to tell me my production was being pushed by a week. No idea why. The estimated delivery then changed to the much more vague, "Late Nov - December." It still says that.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah it's really frustrating. I told my DS that I understand **** happens, just give me an explanation and some answers. I'm perhaps one of the few people on the planet who prefers the standard seats... is that the problem? Were there none left? Did the car catch on fire and they had to build it again? Is it one day away from finishing or one month?
Yeah, this. It's very clear something odd came up either in sourcing parts or quality, but no insight is just infuriating. Sorry for the wait. My partner ordered his at the exact same time and only difference is paint, seat color, and trim, and he's still in prod, which we're chalking up to batching, but curious how much longer he'll be.

Was just in the delivery spreadsheet and looks like ndhaon91 came out of production yesterday. I entered production two days after him (11/18), maybe I'll be done this week.

Yep, it's finally on the road. Still haven't actually scheduled delivery, but I'd be shocked if isn't available this weekend. Ok, not true. Nothing would shock me at this point. But at this point I'm pretty sure my DS wants to get rid of me as badly as I want my car.