Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I supposed to receive an e-mail confirmation or?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reseved online last night within 2 minutes of the reservation screen going live (also I registered to watch the lifestream using the same email as my existing account and reservation). This morning I have the charge pending on my CC, but nothing in myTesla and no email (checked junk mail, etc.).

They will get it working I'm confident, but I expected by this morning to have received it. At least the event start on time (within 10 minutes) so that was nice. The MX late start was annoying. Happy with the IT and lifestream experience over all, just the lack of timely email confirmation is disappointing.

I ordered at 7:40 PM PST yesterday. No email and nothing when I sign in to My Tesla. I actually see the following, which concerns me:

upload_2016-4-1_13-25-2.png

Reserved at Burbank, CA yesterday around 1 PM.
Still no email, my credit card hasn't been charged nor anything in MyTesla.
Called Burbank and was told Tesla HQ is having problems getting some of the reservations processed because they have been slammed with the volume.
Called Tesla HQ and yes, their servers had 'latency problems' IOW servers went down. So I just have to be patient and wait. So its OK I guess in the whole scheme of things - its not like the Model 3 would be ready for me anytime in the next year and a half!

Reserved in Costa Mesa, CA at 10:14am PST yesterday and after 29 hours still no email.

I was bothered by the reservation process since I was completely at the mercy of the Tesla employee's data entry skills. After standing in line for 5 hours, I entered the sales office with credit card and driver's license in hand. The employee took these behind a monitor, where I couldn't see the screen, and started typing away. He asked me for my phone number and email address, quickly typed them then handed my cards back to me saying "All done, you'll get an email within 24 hours". I walked out empty handed, then set up MyTesla to see if there was any record of my reservation - nope. By this morning I was convinced the employee mis-typed my email address but just saw the RN# appear almost 24 hours after the reservation.

Like everyone else, I'll patiently wait for the email and cross my fingers that my 5 hour wait was not in vain.

Believe I have the longest time frame without confirmation. Reserved at 11:05am EST and still no email nor RN on MyTesla.

Like Lemonlover I was not asked to verify her data entry and I'm convinced she typed in my email wrong, but at least I have the CC transaction. Friends that were in line an hour behind me have already received their emails.

I will not be a satisfied customer if I am behind those that already have RN #'s due to a admin error.

Trying to be patient, but every additional reservation tally increases my frustration. My Model S reservation and procurement experience was very easy and stress free.

Just this second got the confirmation email. I ordered at 8:28pm PT last night, the split second the order form appeared.

The reservation appeared in My Tesla earlier today.
I think you mean 8:28PM MT (Mountain Time). The order form started working around 7:27-7:28pm PT (I was spamming the refresh).

As an update, I received my confirmation email 30 minutes ago on 3:41pm PT and I placed my order online at 7:31pm PT yesterday. I was a bit late because of double checking and printing out the details I filled in (I would rather be a few minutes late than have filled in the wrong information and have an invalid reservation). Basically exactly 20 hours after I placed my order.

Last edited:
Ordered online 11pm PST 3/31. After 12 hours and no CC charge or authorization I ordered again and the CC charge showed up immediately (~11am PST 4/1). I sure hope Tesla got my first reservation, or else I just got bumped back in line by 60,000 spots :(