Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I taking crazy pills?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm pretty close to blowing a gasket.

Purchased Model 3 LR AWD. Wire transfer done. Vehicle insured. Should be all set.

Vehicle is sitting in Clarkston (I'm in Michigan) at the service center. Went to pick up car today.

All indications from delivery advisor, Tesla sales dude in California, and every other Tesla person I spoke with over the past few days was that yeah, once funding is received and verified, along with all the paperwork, the car is mine. Definitely was not the case.

Went to Clarkston to get car today via a Lyft, only to be there roughly 5 hours and leave in another Lyft for the 45 minute trek back home.

According to Tesla since I bought an inventory car in the state of Michigan, the car has to physically leave Michigan and go to Ohio before I can take "delivery" of it. BS.

The settlement that my great state came to with Tesla was for registering the car in another state and then transferring that registration to Michigan. The car doesn't have to physically leave the state only to hypothetically make a U turn at the border before I can have it.

It's mine and I've paid for it. My plate transfer was put into the system and they should be handling it. This is the dumbest, most asinine policy/procedure I have ever witnessed.. and that's kinda something since I work for our government and have seen some dumb *sugar*.

So yeah, 200 bucks in Lyfts so far and no car that I already paid for.

Unbelievable.

Anyone else experienced a situation approximating mine?
That's pretty bad! I live in Michigan and am picking up my car in Ohio today. I'm surprised they even offered to let you pick it up in Clarkston. They told me that wouldn't be an option until July at the earliest. As you know, the Big 3 I'm Detroit have a lot invested in the status quo, and Michigan isn't keen to update their regulations.