Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I the last one

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im locked up on 18.6.1!! I unfortunately park on a 4th sub level parking space in a building with no internet connectivity, so Im at the mercy of the service center to get updates. Only twice since I got my car 2 years ago have I gotten over the air updates. Makes me a little crazy sometimes when I want the latest and greatest but have to wait. The service center is good with giving me updates when I ask, and also have advised that I can just park in their parking lot and hook onto their wireless, but that doesn't guarantee that the "update gods" will see me sitting there waiting. My only real option is to drive in and let them have the car. :(

I heard that Elon said a "Request Update" button will be available soon. So (to repeat the tired joke) if you just wait until the 2019.6 update is released, you can use that feature to upgrade it yourself. :D

Im locked up on 18.6.1!! I unfortunately park on a 4th sub level parking space in a building with no internet connectivity, so Im at the mercy of the service center to get updates. Only twice since I got my car 2 years ago have I gotten over the air updates. Makes me a little crazy sometimes when I want the latest and greatest but have to wait. The service center is good with giving me updates when I ask, and also have advised that I can just park in their parking lot and hook onto their wireless, but that doesn't guarantee that the "update gods" will see me sitting there waiting. My only real option is to drive in and let them have the car. :(

I'd recommend doing that ASAP if you're on 2018.6. 2018.10 was a massive step change in the safety of autosteering. Some updates are ok to wait on, but I wouldn't consider that to be one of them.