Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I the Only One Losing Patience?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered October 14th MS LR+ White Ext, Black Int, 21in Wheels, Autopilot. Dallas, TX.

No VIN yet and its now 12/7. I see people on here that have placed their orders after me and have taken delivery already.

I know its the end of the year push and more than likely, I will get the car before the new year but this wait is ridiculous!

It seems they don't give a $hit about their higher end models anymore and are just concentrating on the 3 and Y.

If you think they don't give a $hit about you before they have your money just think of how responsive they will be once they do & owe you warranty work for free. lol

...seriously though, don't take my word for it. Do some research of Tesla "Customer Service" support or their complete lack thereof. It's not a secret. You're not new here so you probably already know and I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. Maybe you happen to live in one of the areas with a good CS presence in Dallas but if not... it's a nightmare.

If you think they don't give a $hit about you before they have your money just think of how responsive they will be once they do & owe you warranty work for free. lol

Oh, yes! This is my second rodeo. Trading in the black MS75 in my pic for this one. The Dallas and/or Plano SC is hit or miss dependent on how backed up they are. Mobile service has been a blessing. Its just a riot how people like me will wait this long and pay this much for a car knowing the imperfections and lack of service. Unfortunately, I drank the kool-aid a long time ago and there is no going back.

That seems odd to me. Maybe I was just lucky but I ordered on 10/6 and took delivery on 10/21. LR+ Blue/Tan, 19" wheels. I assume you've done all your online paperwork and all that?

According to my advisor, my portal has been complete since 10/15. I even have all my loan paperwork complete as of that date. Just waiting on that darn VIN!

@TKTes75 I hear you and I had the same mindset as you. I ordered on 10/23 and just got my VIN Saturday. I thought the same thing as as I kept seeing people who ordered after me get VINs and even delivery. All I can say is that I am sure he wants to ship as many cars in this CY as possible so I bet you do get yours. Now if it's in acceptable condition is another story, I am nervous about that based on all of the stories I read on this forum and other places. Good luck and hope you get some good news soon.

Last edited:
Going from Ludicrous to Plaid.
upload_2020-12-7_17-58-30.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: byeLT4 and Watts_Up
Don’t worry it’s happening on 3/Y side as well. Ordered early October and still don’t have vin for my M3P. It seems like east to about Texas is just not getting vins. For some reason. Probably will be a huge push in the last two week which I’m not fond of.

Be happy--at least you'll be getting a 2021 Model Year VIN!

Curious: what happens to your trade-in value quote when there's such a long gap between your order date and the actual delivery? Will Tesla adjust it, or is your quote still good?
They adjust it. I’ve seen some stay the same and I seem some drop up to $3400 as well.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Curious: what happens to your trade-in value quote when there's such a long gap between your order date and the actual delivery? Will Tesla adjust it, or is your quote still good?

I was told by my advisor that if there is less than a 1,000 mile difference from the original quote than the price wouldn't change. I do not believe this to be true however. I have read on these forums of trade price reduction at time of delivery with less than a 500 mile difference. Once again, Tesla advisors are the last person to get concrete information from. Regardless, the car has been sitting in the garage with little to no movement since October. Quite a waste.

add me to the waiting list...i ordered on 10/10 and still waiting for VIN in NJ. Config is white exterior, black interior, 19 inch wheels and FSD

So I finally came to the end of the road with my patience. I have cancelled my original order placed on 10/14 and put a deposit on a 2021 MS LR+ with 6 miles on the ODO. Its currently sitting in Salt Lake City so should cost me an extra $1,000 to transport to Dallas but at least I can now see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Reactions: COS Blue