Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I the Only One Losing Patience?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are currently listed 21 new white MS long range cars available in the US. None in Texas right now. But why wouldn’t you consider one of these which you can get right away?

Attachments

• 0F6E5A9A-DF51-4106-B956-474A976244FF.png
    0F6E5A9A-DF51-4106-B956-474A976244FF.png
    585.4 KB · Views: 66
Ordered blue metallic, black interior Model S LR+ on 10/22. Was promised 12/10-12/31. Shipped from Fremont 11/10 (unknown to me until I got the VIN). Received VIN 11/18 and immediately finalized insurance. Received call 11/18 that I could pickup 11/19, but didn't until 11/23 because I had previously scheduled straight to detail shop for full-body PPF & ceramic coating. Got it back 12/2 and it's been simply heavenly ever since.

So I finally came to the end of the road with my patience. I have cancelled my original order placed on 10/14 and put a deposit on a 2021 MS LR+ with 6 miles on the ODO. Its currently sitting in Salt Lake City so should cost me an extra $1,000 to transport to Dallas but at least I can now see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Why not just fly there and drive it back for free (with a referral code)?

Should be a fun and scenic drive!

So I finally came to the end of the road with my patience. I have cancelled my original order placed on 10/14 and put a deposit on a 2021 MS LR+ with 6 miles on the ODO. Its currently sitting in Salt Lake City so should cost me an extra $1,000 to transport to Dallas but at least I can now see a light at the end of the tunnel.
Make sure you double check the car since it may be a vehicle that someone else turned down.

Im in the same boat patiently waiting. My delivery date changed twice on the web site. Still no VIN. Config is Red exterior, White interior, 19 inch wheels and FSD

Your build is sitting in Atlanta waiting for a buyer; here it is. I just don’t understand why people “wait” for Tesla’s. There are plenty in stock and ready for immediate purchase. Tesla has to keep up the myth that they “sell all we can build” I guess.

2021 Model S | Tesla

Good idea to check with your delivery advisor. Tell him you are eager to take delivery and are looking for options.

I waited well over a year for my first Model X so I understand your frustration as well...but it could be even worse :(

For my second X I spoke to a service advisor and he told me what he had on the ground and what was scheduled to be coming in. I took one they had in stock. It had some features (tan alcantra headliner)that were no longer available, so believe it worked out well for me.

Give them a call and see what they can do for you.

This is why I go with inventory models when possible. Found a 2020 MS performance for $14k off and it's being delivered in about 1.5 weeks.
I also went with an inventory model. I had been checking the website from time to time, and just when I was ready to pull the trigger, there was my very own Tesla sitting in local inventory. The original purchaser failed to take delivery - it clearly hadn't been rejected, and it had less than 15 miles on the odo. It took me all of three days from order to delivery.

To the OP, "no" you are not the only one, although it's less about the patience I have lost than the excitement I've lost, the lack of communication, lack of expectation management. Do I really want a car that is obviously such a faff to own?
From an operational point of view, how much resource do they waste having people manning phones simply because they can't keep people proactively updated?