Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I the only one with a (nearly) flawless overall experience??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My experience with Tesla personnel, like others above was great. They are very customer service focused.
However, I did have paint issues at delivery, but Tesla made it right. They are interested in good customer experience, but I fear that the work load of model 3 ramp up may erode that.
One observation, is that communications follow-ups are sometimes lacking, which I attribute to their workload. However, if I call them they are very cooperative and get me updates. I am overall very happy with the car and Tesla.

@1deepthink - same boat, i had a great experience from ordering to receiving the car. Had my first SC and experience was phenomenal. I love this car; in fact my wife and i talked about getting her one in a few years when our kids (turns 16) take over our ICE cars.

Ha @ngogas! My wife and I have had the same conversation! I ran a 100 amp circuit to the garage in anticipation of that conversation to accommodate another HPWC. BTW, if you see a blue one driving near the capitol that’s probably me. :)

Other than people being able to order without a reservation and get their car delivered before people that reserved 3/31/16 and were patiently waiting for the same build specs, I had a good ordering and delivery experience... The Las Vegas delivery contact I was assigned was not all that responsive or helpful but the local delivery center was great once reached out to them instead.

Mine went downhill when I had to have defects corrected. Service and the body shop made several major missteps and I will leave it at that. If the car would have been delivered without defects, I would have had a great experience. I am happy for others that had a positive experience start to finish. Maybe next time. :)

Last edited:
Nope. Mine came in sooner than expected (delivery on Aug 18th). A small scratch on the steering cover that they told me about and replaced at a later service appointment. No other delivery issues. The only complaint was that they didn't tell me about the spoiler.

Am I really alone in this experience?

No.

I ordered in Oct 2017 - configured in late June, had a window of Aug - Oct immediately. In the 1st week of Sept I was told Oct 6th would be my delivery date, so I had an appointment for 10am.

On Oct 4th I was told my car had arrived and I could either keep the appointment or go earlier... I took the 5th off work and of course went earlier! No issues at pick up whatsoever - the car was perfect.

I've had no issues since, although I don't have V9 yet.

7000 Miles in 2.5 months of joy. Including a 3600 miles road trip from TX to UT.
Reservation, Order and Delivery were excellent.
So far my only complaints about the car are fixable with OTA updates in the future (mostly the infotaiment software).

Reactions: 1deepthink
Personally, I love hearing these success stories even though my delivery experience was sub par. It gives me hope for the future of Tesla to get things right for all of their customers! And I'm optimistic that the voice of the people who have had issues is louder than those whose deliveries were smooth on this board, and we are really the exceptions.

Overall, I realize that there are very few things in life that go off without a hitch. Customer service is often more about how things are handled after something goes sideways, and for the most part, Tesla has handled that well for me. I'm looking forward to a long relationship with Tesla, so let's make it a good one!

Pretty much flawless here. The delivery experience could have been smoother but I have no complaints and would still rate about 7.5/10.

No problems with the car, before or after delivery, 3 months and 6,000 miles ago. Delivery staff pointed out a tiny paint blotch that could barely be seen only under very specific light - offered to fix, I told them I didn't care and haven't even noticed it since, even though I wash the car by hand every week. I've been in for service twice (both reasons having more to do with me personally than the car,) and the staff and experience was great and got me taken care of and on my way within an hour or two.

Owning it has been outstanding - I went from avoiding driving as much as possible, to "is it time to take the kids to school yet???" I'm not sure if I would call it the kind of life-changing experience that the Youtube crowd seems to project - it's still just a car, but it's a DAMN AWESOME car!

5. Service. I called Service and within literally 1 minute the rep understood the turn signal issue (which I had seen in this forum too) ordered the steering wheel control module and booked an appointment within 10 days. I showed up for my appointment and two service reps with 5 star hotel service skills (really, that’s no exaggeration) checked me in listening carefully to my concerns. They gave me a BMW X3 loaner which is not my favorite, but Audi certainly never had the guts to give me a competitor’s loaner and off I went. Throughout the day I received text updates on their progress and by early afternoon I was picking up my awesome Model 3!

I'm glad your service experience was so smooth, but doesn't the fact that warranty service was needed so soon in the first place kind of disqualify you from saying you've had a "flawless" experience?

Maybe it's better where you are in SLC, but here in San Diego when my car had to go in for service for various defects within the first few weeks I was stuck with a beat-up Nissan Versa loaner for five days, a huge downgrade from the Model 3 and from the car I traded in to get the Model 3. Meanwhile my brand new car sat in a parking lot with nothing being done to it for four days while the service center was waiting for parts. I had to call the service center daily because I had no idea when the car was going to be done and the automatic text messages didn't gave status information. My service technician never returned texts.

They could have let me keep my car until the parts arrived, but never gave me that choice under the false impression that it would be "just one more day" two separate times. I found out later that parts had arrived two days earlier and even though they could have started work on it, they didn't. It was just all poorly handled and they could have easily let me keep my car while waiting for the parts instead of leading me on day after day that it was going be fixed "soon"

I'm waiting on another fix for a headlight issue that they didn't get right the first time, which makes two separate service issues within 6 months already. In the 12 years I had my previous car, it required nothing more than routine maintenance and recall work. Our other car is 1.5 years old and hasn't needed any warranty service yet either. There's a real quality control issue, otherwise so many of us wouldn't need things fixed after the fact.

I'm glad your service experience was so smooth, but doesn't the fact that warranty service was needed so soon in the first place kind of disqualify you from saying you've had a "flawless" experience?

Maybe it's better where you are in SLC, but here in San Diego when my car had to go in for service for various defects within the first few weeks I was stuck with a beat-up Nissan Versa loaner for five days, a huge downgrade from the Model 3 and from the car I traded in to get the Model 3.

Tesla missed a chance to prove that the customer comes first. This is on your SC! Rocklin provided me with a 70D with less than 200 miles on it for loaner.

Tesla missed a chance to prove that the customer comes first. This is on your SC! Rocklin provided me with a 70D with less than 200 miles on it for loaner.

I'm sure every SD owner who's had to deal with our service center will tell you how bad it's been. The huge number of new Model 3 owners like me is straining the system. I thought I read that we have the third or fourth highest concentration of Teslas in the country, but while places like LA, Orange County, and the Bay Area have many more service centers, up until about a week ago, we only had one.

I too read all the horror stories on here long before I pulled the trigger to order one which makes one a little nervous.
Excellent experience. Ordered May 23rd, got it June 21st. I bought and installed a HPWC myself. Only spent about 30 min at the SC when I picked it up which really confused them ( I already knew everything there was to know about the car by then). I haven't had a single issue with it. Absolute joy to drive. Still turns heads every day. Stopped at a gas station once to use the bathroom. On V9 and love it.

My home delivery experience was near flawless...the only "problems" were due to the lack of familiarity with the way Tesla cars behave/operate, i.e., "how do I manually lock/unlock the doors?", "what, no parking break?", "my steering wheel shimmies every once in a while", those sorts of things.

Of course, these questions came up 11 minutes after taking delivery, just after the delivery rep drove off in his Lyft.