Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I the only one with a (nearly) flawless overall experience??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just remember it takes about 50 miles of driving before EAP can start steering for you. It has to tune itself for quite a while.

Thanks, the gentlemen who flashed it did say the same thing, although not specifically 50 miles (he just said a little while). The car was delivered with 40 miles, now has 51 miles and is already at the shop for chrome delete, powder coating rims and tint. Should get it back next week.

Funny. I keep reading negative posts but having the opposite experience. I’m sorry for those of you that have had trouble. No doubt very frustrating, however in my case I’ve been impressed with every step.

1. Ordered AWD mid-July. Had never heard of the Model 3 before then. Just picked the best car on the market.
2. Delivered as promised in Sept with Sept - Nov window.
3. Car quality was perfect and trust me I’m picky. I gave it a six step detail myself and didn’t find one blemish.
4. Updates. V9 install was smooth and predictable. Really my 3 week old car just got better?!
5. Service. I called Service and within literally 1 minute the rep understood the turn signal issue (which I had seen in this forum too) ordered the steering wheel control module and booked an appointment within 10 days. I showed up for my appointment and two service reps with 5 star hotel service skills (really, that’s no exaggeration) checked me in listening carefully to my concerns. They gave me a BMW X3 loaner which is not my favorite, but Audi certainly never had the guts to give me a competitor’s loaner and off I went. Throughout the day I received text updates on their progress and by early afternoon I was picking up my awesome Model 3!

Sure there are some minor design and functionality issues one would expect out of a first model year, but those are instantly ironed out when I zip up a freeway on ramp and ride the rails through a canyon road while switching easily through classic rock, baroque, blues and 90s rap. Yup they’re all in my favorites.

Am I really alone in this experience?
Model 3P+ delivered at Hawthorne and my son and I had a checklist and we could not fine ONE flaw. Picked up 9/25/2018 and still no flaws! Yay for us!

Funny. I keep reading negative posts but having the opposite experience. I’m sorry for those of you that have had trouble. No doubt very frustrating, however in my case I’ve been impressed with every step.

1. Ordered AWD mid-July. Had never heard of the Model 3 before then. Just picked the best car on the market.
2. Delivered as promised in Sept with Sept - Nov window.
3. Car quality was perfect and trust me I’m picky. I gave it a six step detail myself and didn’t find one blemish.
4. Updates. V9 install was smooth and predictable. Really my 3 week old car just got better?!
5. Service. I called Service and within literally 1 minute the rep understood the turn signal issue (which I had seen in this forum too) ordered the steering wheel control module and booked an appointment within 10 days. I showed up for my appointment and two service reps with 5 star hotel service skills (really, that’s no exaggeration) checked me in listening carefully to my concerns. They gave me a BMW X3 loaner which is not my favorite, but Audi certainly never had the guts to give me a competitor’s loaner and off I went. Throughout the day I received text updates on their progress and by early afternoon I was picking up my awesome Model 3!

Sure there are some minor design and functionality issues one would expect out of a first model year, but those are instantly ironed out when I zip up a freeway on ramp and ride the rails through a canyon road while switching easily through classic rock, baroque, blues and 90s rap. Yup they’re all in my favorites.

Am I really alone in this experience?
YES

100% flawless experience with the Alpharetta, GA team

From my first test drive in July at the Tesla store, through ordering in January and great communication with my SA, delivery schedule was ahead of the anticipated date, and the delivery day 4 weeks later in at the SC was quick and incident-free. When I arrived my M3P was fully detailed, charged to 80%, immediately available on the iPhone App, and not so much as a spec of imperfection inside or out. They even recommended the best electrician ever for my wall connector install - JB Electric Company - who I have kept as my electrician going forward.

[QUOTE="1deepthink, post: 3126998, member: 82241".I keep reading negative posts but having the opposite experience. <...snip...> Am I really alone in this experience?[/QUOTE]

Not alone. I've had no problems. As others have noted, we're all quicker to post problems than the absence of problems.

When my car arrived here (I had it shipped) the woman at Matson (the shipper) who turned the car over to me pointed out where the panel fit was not perfect. She said she would not buy such a car. I could see the uneven spacing she pointed to, but I don't care. It does not affect the functionality, which is what I care about. (And being able to "fill up" my car from the solar panels on my roof! :) )

Reactions: gavine
Everything actually great.

Except...

The rattles have started to show themselves. And if everything was PERFECT except there was a single rattle, then whole driving experience is ruined for me. I've only owned 9 different cars, but this one might be the worst on ehis aspect (keep in mind, that means only a few rattles, but just one I can't solve is all it takes).

my 2 model 3's have been perfect (~35000 miles total) from delivery. great fit/finish. no issues with paint or rattles or wind noise. I've only had very minor issues requiring visits to the SC and those have gone great (hw3 upgrade and replacement tires).

Even though I was originally part of the mad rush at the end of 2018 (before the federal tax credit was reduced), my experience has really been flawless as well.

That now also includes my first experience with Mobile Service and the Tesla Ranger crew last week.

I was actually out of the country and Tesla pinged me via text asking if I wanted to take advantage of an appointment that had opened up a week earlier than the one I had scheduled. They reassured me that I didn’t actually need to be there and then simply came, replaced the rear aero shield (that had been torn by me running through a deep puddle after a downpour ;-) — under warranty and emailed me my receipt/paperwork.

The very definition of flawless!

Great thread.
Tesla recently delivered its millionth car, so take all the problems you have read about here and put that total against that number for perspective.

2 years in Sept., almost 14,000 miles. I also have had nothing but joy out of this thing. Wiping it down in the first week of ownership I noticed the bottom corner at the back of the driver's side wheel well deflected inward about an eighth on an inch, the other side was firm. No big deal and I intended to have a Ranger come look at it when we got home.

On a road trip, we were supercharging in Kentucky at a service center and I went in to use the restroom. A gentleman asked how my experience had been.
So, of course, We were talking about the unique experience of driving a Tesla. I just mentioned the only thing I had noticed was that minor detail of the fender and asked if they had the dual motor badge since the Denver center didn't have them.
By the time I got out of the restroom a loose fastener behind the wheel well liner had been tightened, and a man was installing the badge.

We put our deposit down 2 years earlier thinking of the "$35,000" model, but as the federal incentives were about to be halved, Tesla sent us an email saying there were cars available now - but they were the loaded dual motor big battery for $60,000. We bought that car without ever having touched it, and I have yet to regret it.

Funny that on delivery day I was 50% terrified ($) and 50% excited. The fear vanished the first time I put my foot in it.

Reactions: gavine
Great thread.
Tesla recently delivered its millionth car, so take all the problems you have read about here and put that total against that number for perspective.

2 years in Sept., almost 14,000 miles. I also have had nothing but joy out of this thing. Wiping it down in the first week of ownership I noticed the bottom corner at the back of the driver's side wheel well deflected inward about an eighth on an inch, the other side was firm. No big deal and I intended to have a Ranger come look at it when we got home.

On a road trip, we were supercharging in Kentucky at a service center and I went in to use the restroom. A gentleman asked how my experience had been.
So, of course, We were talking about the unique experience of driving a Tesla. I just mentioned the only thing I had noticed was that minor detail of the fender and asked if they had the dual motor badge since the Denver center didn't have them.
By the time I got out of the restroom a loose fastener behind the wheel well liner had been tightened, and a man was installing the badge.

We put our deposit down 2 years earlier thinking of the "$35,000" model, but as the federal incentives were about to be halved, Tesla sent us an email saying there were cars available now - but they were the loaded dual motor big battery for $60,000. We bought that car without ever having touched it, and I have yet to regret it.

Funny that on delivery day I was 50% terrified ($) and 50% excited. The fear vanished the first time I put my foot in it.

I'm super jealous. I waited until it seemed like quality was fixed and everyone was getting perfect cars.

Just posted my list of issues so far in the ordering/delivery thread from 3/18 delivery.
All cosmetic, but annoying. Service centers are closed, we'll see what mobile service does.