Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I the only person who thinks the Y is kinda fugly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was hoping for more but it’s literally like Franz took the Model 3 and stretched it in photoshop. I’m not a fan, sadly.

From Twitter:

A85A55A7-17E5-42DD-815C-6E1BC23B29A9.jpeg

755FE29F-41FF-42B4-B05E-EABAC7BA6D63.jpeg

In terms of looks

Roadster 2.0
Model S (with the new nose)
Model 3
Model Y
Model X

The Model X actually looks better IRL versus the pictures.

I have the Model 3 and I still don't like how it always looks happy. It's like this cute face.

The model Y just looks like a fat happy kid.

In any case I think the 3 can be corrected through some after market products for the front end. To make it a bit more aggressive looking, and not so damn cute.

I don't think most buyers of the Y will care about the looks. It basically looks like all the other pretend SUV's that breeders will buy. Err, I mean soccer dads/moms. Sorry.

All in all I think they'll sell like hot cakes.

Kids like Tesla's
Parents feel guilty about leaving the planet to their kids in such a bad state.
Parent buys Model Y

It's pretty simple.

They'll have the pickup to satisfy a-holes like me.

Ewww...the X is uglier. No one I know thinks X is pretty. I hear, "Bubble on wheels" and "Rolling aquaruim" a lot.
I'm in the camp that the X is ugly. Just like I felt the BMW X6 was a styling fail when it came out, the X bears too much resemblance to the X6.

We have a bunch of Tesla Model X, S and 3 at work... so I've seen all of them enough times.

One guy at my work has described the Model X as "beautiful"! :eek: Wow. Ok.

Looks are subjective. To many car people, the Model Y may not appeal to them. However, to the general population, I'm guessing the model Y will be very appealing. The comparison I like to make is between an alienware laptop and a macbook air. Gamers will prefer the alienware while the general population (by sales) prefers the macbook air.

Looks are subjective. To many car people, the Model Y may not appeal to them. However, to the general population, I'm guessing the model Y will be very appealing. The comparison I like to make is between an alienware laptop and a macbook air. Gamers will prefer the alienware while the general population (by sales) prefers the macbook air.
True, the general public loves the nissan versa.