Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I the only person who thinks the Y is kinda fugly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my opinion the Model Y looks tough. I am starting to wonder if this board is filled with a bunch of short sellers. Where else can you get a Performance SUV that does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, has huge brake calipers, 280 miles of range, 8 year warranty, and the ability to tow for $61k? Simply put, the Model Y is phenomenal value for money. If the Government decides to implement the $7500 EV tax credit again, it's almost criminal how cheap the Model Y will be considering the competition. I'm selling my Cayenne Turbo to get into a Model Y. Frankly the quality of German cars isn't what is use to be, so any German electric offering makes me skeptical of it's longevity...

Agreed. I'm dumping a 2018 Range Rover for the Y. Haven't had an American car since my first car in 2005, but Tesla is doing it better than anyone.

I didn't like the way the 3 looked. I thought it looked cheap and kind of boring. I ended up buying one.

The Y looked funny, but I think a lot of that is just because we're used to looking at the 3, and this is like a carnival mirror.

We will get used to the Y and then it won't look funny anymore.

I didn’t love the M3 front end in 2016 when I reserved, but then they tweaked the nose and now I think it’s one of the best looking cars on sale.

Simple, clean lines and yet it commands attention.

The MY will probably be better in person. I think the red photo is really good. The unveiling video angles and car color, in low light, were poorly selected.

B9B9025F-4C1C-4ECD-A87A-91973064EE37.jpeg

On an SUV there is always a balance. Tesla values safety first...aerodynamics...interior seating for 7....storage space....family heritage then styling.

Gonna be hard to make a mid sized 7 seater with great safety and aero that looks as good as a sports car.

I think the Model Y looks great considering what it does and price.

Looking at previous renderings,
don't you think it would have been nicer to have the Model Y front end looking a little bit different from the Model 3?

It couldn't exist at the price point it's at, on the timeline it's at without sharing the majority of its parts with the Model 3, which includes things like the headlamps.

I'll gladly accept a very similar, if not awkward design using this intelligent scaling of parts which allowed for a vehicle that fits what I need and can afford over an alternative design that looks great, but I can't have.