TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Am I this lucky?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by maximus16, Nov 9, 2015.

1. maximus16

maximus16 Member

I placed my order on Nov 1st with the ordering being confirmed today (last night?). Today when I logged in, the car is already in the production queue and has a VIN!! Does this mean I will get it soon??

Model S 5YJSA1E21FF1166xx
    Order Confirmed
    Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California.

Specs incase anyone is interested:

Model S 85D

Solid White
    All Glass Panoramic Roof
    21" Grey Turbine Wheels
    Grey Next Generation Seats
    Matte Obeche Wood Décor
    Black Alcantara Headliner
    Autopilot
    Premium Interior and Lighting
    Smart Air Suspension
    Ultra High Fidelity Sound

2. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

I thought there was a mandatory 1-week "are you sure?" period after configuring before a car would enter production?

3. pgh70D

pgh70D Member

"Entered the production queue" is not the same thing as being "in production". My car was confirmed 10/12 and said the same thing you are seeing until last week, when it changed to "In Production". This is all very normal.

4. maximus16

maximus16 Member

Oh okay, I thought because I had received a VIN, it was different.

5. tanker5

tanker5 Member

I ordered on 10/8, confirmed on 10/15. Vin was assigned just after midnight 10/16. I think it was 2 or 3 days after that it was entered in the production queue. I think all that means is that all resources to build the car are on hand in the factory and accounted for. My order sat in the production queue until 11/4 when it entered production. It's still in production as of when I last checked mytesla today. No tentative delivery date has been assigned. My DS is quoting sometime early December, but he says it's a little to early to tell.

6. tstafford

tstafford Member

OP: Just e-mail your DS. They will know with a high degree of certainty when you will get your car.