Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I written off?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20201128_140203.jpg
20201128_153100.jpg
20201128_133236.jpg
Currently being towed to a Tesla authorised repairer for an official assessment by the insurer. I'm pretty sure she'll be a write off. Opinions?

Not a scratch! Protected me well. The airbags and my face got intimate, but no bruising etc.
Don't want to say too much until the claim is settled, any reason for an insurer to repudiate a claim is a good one! There was some panicked "wrong pedal" use involved and made high speed contact with the guide rail. :(

Reactions: Hairyman
All depends on where the damage has gone - hard to tell from those pics

If it's just front quarter, front bumper and lights, rear quarter, side doors (just), wheels and rear bumper and air bags maybe not.

But if damage extends to the hood, underbody, batteries etc, then it's probably getting close.

Glad you're ok

Insurance asseror seems to think it is done. Says suspension and axle is bent. Was towed from pickles to a Telsa authorised repairer because pickles couldn't price the repair etc.
If even the battery casing is damaged its done, Tesla doesn't sell it as a part. Was towed between repairers when it lost all power and couldn't be put in "tow mode" which likely also damaged the motors.

• Love
Reactions: moa999
At a guess; yes, it's a possible write off. As mentioned above, if the battery has some external damage, then it's almost certainly a write off. Not saying it couldn't be resurrected, just saying insurance would likely just write it off and be done with it.

Does your insurance give you new for old replacement if written off, if so then it is some compensation that you will get the updated version, which has a larger battery, new console, double layer windows, updated HVAC, etc, though you may be waiting sometime, unless they have an excess car in your spec in one of the upcoming shipments