Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AM radio 🤦‍♂️ [Model 3 has no AM radio]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. There is something special about AM radio. The super long distance reception at night, and you could tell if there were thunderstorms. Great for sports. I wish Tesla would enable the AM tuner. Tune-In works to fill in the gap but it is not the same hearing “Hifi” AM with no atmospheric effects.

I recall reading that AM is not on EVs in general because of the interference from the electric motors. They badly screw with AM frequencies. So it’s not just a “get rid of old tech” issue.
That makes more sense than anything else I've read. Thanks for that insight. I've been using the app. It just makes channel surfing much harder when commercials hit.

After ordering my Model 3 I was horrified to read that FM radio was not included! Fortunately, it was an extra-cost feature only in Europe. As a broadcaster, I was more than concerned. However, I was not surprised that AM was not included and am counting on accessing stations with the car's browser or my phone.