Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AM radio in model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg
Well, my Model S has AM radio, so I guess ymmv?

hi All,

I m new to tesla and about to take over my first model s 2016 (original front) and wanted to see how or if AM radio is able to attain on the car? Or how ro go about it?
Thanks for the help

I have a 2016 pre-refresh. It may still have AM, unless they've disabled it in firmware. I wouldn't know because the AM was so bad that I only tried to use it once or twice. I've read that something about the vehicle makes AM pretty much unusable. Happily I can find the AM stations I care about on FM or TuneIn.

Mine also has AM Radio. If I recall correctly, the all-glass top does have AM radio (but does NOT have SiriusXM) and the powered sunroof does NOT have AM Radio (but DOES have SiriusXM).

I have heard the EMF whine in the AM radio, but I rarely listen to it anyway since the channels I would regularly listen to on AM have an FM simulcast (WBBM) and I can usually stream the other 2 or 3...

Mine also has AM Radio. If I recall correctly, the all-glass top does have AM radio (but does NOT have SiriusXM) and the powered sunroof does NOT have AM Radio (but DOES have SiriusXM).

I have heard the EMF whine in the AM radio, but I rarely listen to it anyway since the channels I would regularly listen to on AM have an FM simulcast (WBBM) and I can usually stream the other 2 or 3...
Mine is all glass top and doesn't have AM radio. Also don't have XM.

My 2017, with sunroof, has AM and it sounds pretty good as far as AM goes,