TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

AM Radio

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Neillibson, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Neillibson

Neillibson Member

We listen to an AM radio station that is not available on Tune-in radio. Anybody have luck with another method ? Station does not stream.

2. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

I was told there is no AM available in Model 3 due to type of electric motor(s).

Hope this helps.

• Like x 1
  3. TT97

TT97 Active Member

Many AM stations are simulcast on an FM HD substation. Have you checked to see if it is on FM?

Otherwise, my only other thought is to stream it through your phone.

4. SpiceWare

SpiceWare Member

AM stations can sometimes be found on an FM HD subchannel. As an example, here in Houston 740 AM is also broadcast on 99.1 HD2

D48D4CFA-52AD-4394-86FE-3B03A5E8BB7E.jpeg

• Like x 1
  5. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Yes. Thank goodness. KNX1070 is rebroadcasted on KEARTH 101.1-2 lol.

6. TT97

TT97 Active Member

Fricking Entercom! I used to listen to Philly stations through Tunein and then Entercom decided to pull all their stations to promote their *sugar* radio.com app. All their stations are deteriorating since they acquired them from CBS.

7. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Is that what happened? Ya. KNX recently kept promoting radio.com too I’m like IF I CAN ONLY INSTALL your dumb app in the car.

So Entercom is buying stuff from CBS?

8. TT97

TT97 Active Member

Entercom bought all the CBS Radio stations last year (over 100 stations around the country and six in LA). In July, they pulled all the stations off of TuneIn to push their app.

• Informative x 1
  9. RScottyL

RScottyL Member

I am not an AM listener, so here is my opinion:

They should drop the AM stations since they are not as popular as they used to be.

They could either stream those station online, or they could rebroadcast on an HD subchannel in the example listed above.

They could then repurpose those frequencies for other things!

• Disagree x 3