Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amazed at all the 'disappointment ' threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you really?

Fools on here have been talking about the large Model 3 battery being 100kWh and 400+ miles for a year. They've been talking about the battery upgrade only costing $5k. They've said the base 3 will have 240+ miles range, and that the top 3 will be around 3 seconds 0-60.

LOLZ

I tried to tell people (I won't name names yet. The only thing I was hoping for was a HUD, which was shot down awhile back).

0-60s times are a joke and the base battery less than the Bolt.

Plus the event itself was atrocious - no pomp and circumstance like the S and X deliveries, no shots of the interior, basically no info at all. This raises the question of whether or not this was a faux delivery event to make good on his July delivery deadline.

Car isn't ready for prime time yet which is a shame. I'll keep my reservation but cmon Elon, exceed expectations. The car is 1,000lbs lighter than an S and has better aero... 0-60 should easily be under 5s. Also base range should be at least 240 miles to beat Bolt. I want more Steve Jobs and less Tim Cook.

0-60s times are a joke and the base battery less than the Bolt.

Plus the event itself was atrocious - no pomp and circumstance like the S and X deliveries, no shots of the interior, basically no info at all. This raises the question of whether or not this was a faux delivery event to make good on his July delivery deadline.

Car isn't ready for prime time yet which is a shame. I'll keep my reservation but cmon Elon, exceed expectations. The car is 1,000lbs lighter than an S and has better aero... 0-60 should easily be under 5s. Also base range should be at least 240 miles to beat Bolt. I want more Steve Jobs and less Tim Cook.
Agree 100% -- This is a Tim Cook move.... Musk clearly stated this would have "spaceship like steering and controls" ... the speed and performance has been intentionally reduced .... they have done everything possible to convert model 3 buyers to a model X or S.... just big business as usual.

I was underwhelmed by the info Elon provided but the media releases keep me excited and interested. I'm not sure I will be able to afford even the standard range model when it adds the premium features ($5k seems like a good deal for all it adds), white interior, 19 inch wheels, a non black color and basic autopilot. We are looking at probably $50,000 there :/ I thought BMW was bad at option add ins making the car expensive quick. Still really want one though.

Reactions: cdub
you were impressed with the reveal? #fanboy "lets hand out some cars..goodnight"

Perhaps you need a light show to wow you....I'm looking at Motor Trend report plus revealed specs.

Tesla can't afford a severe retrenchment of S orders right now; otherwise you would have got your light show.

Come back East end of August...we got an eclipse to wow you.