Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amazes me no Supercharger on east side of Arkansas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, just seeing this. I am also dumb-founded. As someone new to Tesla (ordered Feb 2020) I made the decision to buy based on the Tesla website saying Blytheville was coming 2020. We live a few states away and have family near there. Without it, I have to charge enough in Memphis to get there and back to Memphis. Not to mention the Memphis SC Is way out of my way. Had I known the website wasn’t accurate, I wouldn’t have bought. In my mind that is a deceptive practice although I know I will get pounced on by the Tesla faithful. So we don’t take the Tesla. If it’s just “raw math”, maybe it’s wrong. Maybe people don’t drive through there because there is no Supercharger. Not because it’s not needed.

When you visit family, are you just there for 30 minutes and then gone?

L1 charging is often overlooked, but if you turn off all of your phantom battery draining features, over the course of a day you can really add some miles via L1. Use a quality extension cord if you must.

L1 charging is often overlooked, but if you turn off all of your phantom battery draining features, over the course of a day you can really add some miles via L1. Use a quality extension cord if you must.

Yeah, in non-freezing temperatures, I get about 1.5% per hour with a regular outlet. A 5-20 pushes that up to 2%.

If you are staying for more than a day, this can really be significant.

For us it is about getting to the relative. Plugged in at my sisters house and really didnt use the car much at all during the week because it needed to charge enough for the start of our round trip. Back then no Sikeston, Memphis or Little Rock charger. We stayed over night in Sikeston and parked car at an RV park and paid $5 to charge overnight. Had lunch in Memphis and had Blink charger charge just enough in 2 hours for us to barely make it to Little Rock. Then charged all week. On way back we tried to skip Memphis and ended up having to stop at another RV park and charge for an hour in the cold with the heat minimal to make it to Sikeston and charge overnight. Next few times we had Sikeston and Memphis SC so not as much adventure, but the Memphis charger really is out of the way.

For us it is about getting to the relative. Plugged in at my sisters house and really didnt use the car much at all during the week because it needed to charge enough for the start of our round trip. Back then no Sikeston, Memphis or Little Rock charger. We stayed over night in Sikeston and parked car at an RV park and paid $5 to charge overnight. Had lunch in Memphis and had Blink charger charge just enough in 2 hours for us to barely make it to Little Rock. Then charged all week. On way back we tried to skip Memphis and ended up having to stop at another RV park and charge for an hour in the cold with the heat minimal to make it to Sikeston and charge overnight. Next few times we had Sikeston and Memphis SC so not as much adventure, but the Memphis charger really is out of the way.

Memphis is nice with all the restaurant options but holy crap is it out of the way! I can't imagine what tiny amount of Tesla population it's actually convenient for. I suspect when Brinkley and Blytheville come online the Memphis location loses more than half its highway customers. It's only 155 miles between Brinkley, AR, and Jackson, TN; which is very doable in a quick charge on any Tesla. The trip between Brinkley and Blytheville, AR, is shorter than that.

Hopefully Brinkley comes online in March for my upcoming road trips. Good riddance to Memphis SuC.

Reactions: snellenr
Memphis is nice with all the restaurant options but holy crap is it out of the way! I can't imagine what tiny amount of Tesla population it's actually convenient for. I suspect when Brinkley and Blytheville come online the Memphis location loses more than half its highway customers. It's only 155 miles between Brinkley, AR, and Jackson, TN; which is very doable in a quick charge on any Tesla. The trip between Brinkley and Blytheville, AR, is shorter than that.

Hopefully Brinkley comes online in March for my upcoming road trips. Good riddance to Memphis SuC.
Even more important to get a charger on the west side of Memphis now that bridge to cross over Mississippi is closed and undergoing repairs. Brinkley improves situation, but still need to do a 100% charge to get from Sikeston to Brinkley.

Just drove from Seattle to Hot Springs Village , Arkansas…..VERY disappointed in the lack of SuperChargers in the State!! Hoping this will change soon! I drive to Fort Worth a lot with charging stops in Texarkana and Sulpher Springs…easy trip!

Do you live in the HSV area?

Arkansas definitely has a shortage of Superchargers, and they're not perfectly placed. But we do have five and a few more just outside state lines. And three more on the way starting with Jonesboro this year, then Arkadelphia and Brinkley next year. That is, if Tesla actually follows through. Arkadelphia has been on the list for YEARS.

Convince more Arkies to buy more Teslas and we'll get more Supercharger quicker. I suspect with Tesla moving to Austin we'll see growth in the surrounding states.

1644884682571.png

If or when Tesla brings the CCS adapter to the US, the ability to use EA in Arkansas will help as well. Well, assuming their network is up and running, I see a lot of videos and posts about trouble with the network and trouble at the stations where it take several attempts to find a working charger sometimes a phone call is necessary. Hopefully they get it all ironed out soon.
EDIT: Not that anyone has never encountered out of order Tesla chargers either, it happens.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 9.30.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 9.30.52 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: LoudMusic
If or when Tesla brings the CCS adapter to the US, the ability to use EA in Arkansas will help as well. Well, assuming their network is up and running, I see a lot of videos and posts about trouble with the network and trouble at the stations where it take several attempts to find a working charger sometimes a phone call is necessary. Hopefully they get it all ironed out soon.

I think the CCS adapter will help the less populated areas far more than it will help the dense populated areas, and I'm excited about the opportunity to buy and use one if/when they actually start selling it.

Still amazes me that Tesla has yet to put up a Supercharger west of Memphis in Arkansas or in Blytheville or Forest City. Yes selfish on our part but, traveling from Chicago to visit my sister in Little Rock and soon my niece in Dallas is a pain since you need to drive 26 miles out of your way to the Memphis charger then 26 miles back to continue on to Little Rock.
I don’t know if you travel north east Arkansas but Jonesboro Arkansas is getting on at the new Kum and Go on the south side heading to hwy 226.
Still amazes me that Tesla has yet to put up a Supercharger west of Memphis in Arkansas or in Blytheville or Forest City. Yes selfish on our part but, traveling from Chicago to visit my sister in Little Rock and soon my niece in Dallas is a pain since you need to drive 26 miles out of your way to the Memphis charger then 26 miles back to continue on to Little Rock.
Just saw supercharger in jonesboro arkansas at the new Kum and Go on southwest Drive. I called and it should be active within a week or two is what they said. I really Wish we could get one at Beebe or searcy When i go to Cabot I have to drive all the way into Little Rock to charge unless I find a destination charger and have a few hours to kill and a ride. LOL

Reactions: imola.zhp
I don’t know if you travel north east Arkansas but Jonesboro Arkansas is getting on at the new Kum and Go on the south side heading to hwy 226.

Just saw supercharger in jonesboro arkansas at the new Kum and Go on southwest Drive. I called and it should be active within a week or two is what they said. I really Wish we could get one at Beebe or searcy When i go to Cabot I have to drive all the way into Little Rock to charge unless I find a destination charger and have a few hours to kill and a ride. LOL
Thats great news! I avoided a trip over to JB a few weeks back to pick something up from a FBMarketplace seller. I have a co-worker that lives over there so he picked it up for me.

Next time call the Kum and Go and see if it’s up and running +1 (870) 641-4710. I am super excited. Hopefully they will get one closer than Little Rock!
I tried calling awhile back and they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. Latest news from the Tesla User's Club in AR is that their Tesla contact hoped to have it provisioned and online by end of this week. Construction is finished.

I tried calling awhile back and they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. Latest news from the Tesla User's Club in AR is that their Tesla contact hoped to have it provisioned and online by end of this week. Construction is finished.

Yeah I wouldn't bother the local staff for these sites. They have nothing to do with it and any information you'd get from them is going to be rumor at best.

Arkansas definitely has a shortage of Superchargers, and they're not perfectly placed. But we do have five and a few more just outside state lines. And three more on the way starting with Jonesboro this year, then Arkadelphia and Brinkley next year. That is, if Tesla actually follows through. Arkadelphia has been on the list for YEARS.
Blytheville is still on the map as "Coming Soon" but Arkadelphia has disappeared? When did that happen? Anybody have any insight?

Attachments

• Arkansas Superchargers.jpg
    Arkansas Superchargers.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 43
For that amount of detour you might be better off to borrow/rent/buy a CHAdeMO adapter and head to one of those existing places along your route. There's one in Forrest City (AR) and one in Hayti (MO).

There's also the potential of hitting up a Destination charger and staying for lunch/dinner to get a reasonable amount of charge to bridge the gap. I would definitely call ahead and make sure those are working and available before relying on them.

Lesmeister Guesthouse, Lindsey's Resort, Red Wolf Convention Center ... You'd probably need a two hour or more charge at any of those to make it to Little Rock, though.

Have you checked PlugShare for intermediate charging options?

But, yes, Arkansas desperately needs more Superchargers. Forrest City, North Little Rock, Jonesboro, Conway, Russellville, Fort Smith, Arkadelphia, Pine Bluff, Harrison (HA HA!), all of these need big power DC chargers.

And Tesla needs to make a damn CCS adapter.
I know this is an old posting but since then they have added a Tesla charger in Jonesboro, Van Buren, Ozark and a few others. The State is getting into adding many more chargers in the near future altho they won't all be Tesla, but "slow" beats "no" any day.

I know this is an old posting but since then they have added a Tesla charger in Jonesboro, Van Buren, Ozark and a few others. The State is getting into adding many more chargers in the near future altho they won't all be Tesla, but "slow" beats "no" any day.
The CCS adapter from Tesla should really help as well. So long as the CCS station(s) work.