Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amazing proactive service from Tesla Motors (who read this forum) in Oslo, Norway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I received an email from my local Service Center in Oslo, Norway, saying that they had seen in a Forum that I have a corrosion problem in my car, and that they will replace the part causing this during my scheduled service in a couple of weeks.

They are referring to my post here on this thread: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...ield-wiper-issues-(modes-and-settings)/page14, where I uploaded a picture of a corrosion problem.

I find this truly amazing. Not only this shows they read forums online, but it also shows how seriously they take the issues we discuss, since they contacted me to inform me that they have already added the replacement of the clip that causes the corrosion to the list of things to do during my scheduled visit.

I really feel that Tesla Motors is going the extra mile in Customer Service, and I therefore want to say that I am extremely pleased with their performance. Congrats to the Oslo team!

You forget to mention that there's a 4+ month waiting time to get a service apointment at most SC in Norway. With that in mind, I really hope my new P85D does not have any annoing problems :(

Tesla service was excelent a year ago. Now, not so much. :mad: I've been there two times lately the past 6 months, and none of the times did they fix everything they were asked to (which was not a lot). Last time they even forgot to assemble the frunk before they delivered it back! And they don't wash the cars anymore. Of course I don't expect that, but it was a nice gesture when fixing a warranty issue.

Last edited:
Yes, the huge waiting time is indeed annoying. Back in November 2014 I asked for an appointment because of a clicking noise when turning the wheels fully (with the car at full stop) which was worrying, and they said it was a known issue but could not give me an appointment until February '15. They are really overloaded.

What I did back then is call a SC in Brussels, where I was going to be for Xmas. They offered an appointment for just a a couple of weeks later (end of Nov '14), but I told them we would need to schedule it for the end of December, since I wasn't living in Belgium. So we did, and they fixed the problem (under warranty) and cleaned the car.

Big difference, indeed.

However, I also got an email recently from Tesla Motors in Norway explaining their expansion plans for 2015, opening new SCs and SuCs. None of the SCs are in my area (the one in Moss/Rygge would be just perfect for me, and has been on the Tesla Website for quite a while now as "coming soon", but was not on that email), but I hope that less people will use the Oslo SC once the others are open...

Just to prove your point, Torpedo Ted, Tesla called me today to re-schedule because they are overloaded and have too many cars to deal with. They'll take my car 3 weeks later...

Not an issue for me, but it definitely confirms your statement.

Just to prove your point, Torpedo Ted, Tesla called me today to re-schedule because they are overloaded and have too many cars to deal with. They'll take my car 3 weeks later...

Not an issue for me, but it definitely confirms your statement.
It's end-of-quarter this month, so they are probably very busy in the next few weeks delivering P85Ds/S85Ds. I believe Tesla has a plan to get the wait times down to a few days or weeks towards the end of the year. They must be keenly aware of the issue.