Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMAZING Service Experience (anyone else?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm starting to think these extreme service delays I'm reading about on the forums are truly a west coast issue due to over abundance of vehicles, since we just had another amazing experience with service for our X. We got another nail in our tire which resulted in a complete flat, and within only 24 hrs they picked up the car (we are 40 min from closest SC), dropped off a loaner S, replaced tire, fixed squeaks on both falcon wing doors, fixed front motor/suspension "shudder" issue under hard acceleration, replaced charge port door since it wasn't closing all the way, and had the car detailed/ washed and back in our driveway.

I'll make a shout out to the Denver CO Service Center. The best auto customer service experience I've had in 40 years of driving. They called daily with a status update, patiently answered all my questions, and demonstrated a high degree of integrity when confessing that a part order went missing in the system and they had to reorder.
On top of this, we got a P90DL Signature MX loaner for our non-PUP 75D.
I brought the car home while waiting for delivery of a replacement 3rd row seat. Rather than have me drive back the 1 hr+ to the SC, they offered a Ranger Visit to do the seat swap (bad latch seat stuck in up position)
Knowledgeable, courteous and fair... it's what I look for in the auto service world.

It took me a while to get a hold of the fremont SC, they didn't return any of my voice messages. But I finally got a hold of a live human and scheduled an appointment to get my FWD realigned without a week. I had heard fremont SC was backlogged but was surprised to hear when I got there that they were not that busy. anyway they realigned my FWD, and also noticed my driver side window was catching on to a outer door trim and they fixed it. I had no idea, i rarely even open my windows at all. got my X back within 24 hours, all washed and with tire dressing. great experience - the only thing I didn't like was they gave me a clunky X5 as a loaner, i thought i was done with ICE for good!

I'm starting to think these extreme service delays I'm reading about on the forums are truly a west coast issue due to over abundance of vehicles, since we just had another amazing experience with service for our X. We got another nail in our tire which resulted in a complete flat, and within only 24 hrs they picked up the car (we are 40 min from closest SC), dropped off a loaner S, replaced tire, fixed squeaks on both falcon wing doors, fixed front motor/suspension "shudder" issue under hard acceleration, replaced charge port door since it wasn't closing all the way, and had the car detailed/ washed and back in our driveway.

How did they fix the shudder under acceleration ? I was told it was a normal thing.. that lowering the suspension fixes (which it does) how did they fix it do you know ? thanks! (And yes, I agree with you.. service in the Florida area is fantastic)

How did they fix the shudder under acceleration ? I was told it was a normal thing.. that lowering the suspension fixes (which it does) how did they fix it do you know ? thanks! (And yes, I agree with you.. service in the Florida area is fantastic)
Didn't ask how they fixed it, other forum members said they replaced control arm and or tightened certain parts in suspension or front motor housing (I think). I was so happy it was gone I didn't think to ask how they did it.

I have always thought of Tesla service as amazing until the X. I have items from my April delivery list that have yet to be fulfilled. I setup service 1 month in advance to get some of the issues taken care of. I took the car in for service, and they confirmed the delivery list still due but hadn't ordered any parts despite me giving them notice of what I needed done and also them already having the due list. 1.5 months later still no word on parts or when service might be able to finish delivery due list items from April.

My S and roadster service has been great overall. Wondering about the ability of the staff to work on such a complex car.

My SC in Rocklin, California has been stellar every time I've visited. I always get an appointment within a few days. They take care of everything. I always get a loaner. They go the extra mile to ensure I'm happy. Best car service experience ever!

Just adding to this thread again.

Just took the X in as the driver's door latch failed, along with a list of other items I've noticed in the last couple months of ownership. The service team did awesome. Had an equal loaner which is appreciated overnight. They addressed all the issues individually that I sent over. The also proactively replaced the other passenger door latch (guess the 1st/2nd gen ones are all problematic in time), and the driver door motor as well as was just squeaky. Had the car washed up and charging on arrival.

Great service. One reason we took leap with our 2nd Tesla, and surely will consider the brand again in the future when there is competition even one day. ;-)

Reactions: DrivingTheFuture