Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amazing Sun Shade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got the Model 3, the glass roof with this gnarly California sun is bad news, especially with my baby in the back.
Model 3 Glass Roof Sunshade... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QNJR94V?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I ordered this sun shade and it’s AWESOME. just wanted to share in case anyone else needed one.
Thanks for sharing. I have been looking at different brands but it has started to cool down where I’m at so maybe next summer.

I just got the Model 3, the glass roof with this gnarly California sun is bad news, especially with my baby in the back.
I would recommend also this sunshade design not covering the very end part of the rear window,
otherwise you loose a lot of visibility especially at night.

I noticed the following SunShade, and I wonder if the additional Heat Insulation Film is really worthwhile?
In particular how much the Film would block any view of the surrounding.

Did you find any side widow shades especially for the back seat?
It is difficult to find a practical design because of the frame-less side windows.

I am considering the following model, but I wonder how it will stay when opening a door?
May be adding a little clip on the top would keep the sunshade attached to the windows when opening a door.
However, this could be nice to have when waiting at a supercharger on a sunny day.

Last edited:
I would recommend also this sunshade design not covering the very end part of the rear window,
otherwise you loose a lot of visibility especially at night.

I noticed the following SunShade, and I wonder if the additional Heat Insulation Film is really worthwhile?
In particular how much the Film would block any view of the surrounding.

Did you find any side widow shades especially for the back seat?
It is difficult to find a practical design because of the frame-less side windows.

I am considering the following model, but I wonder how it will stay when opening a door?
May be adding a little clip on the top would keep the sunshade attached to the windows when opening a door.
However, this could be nice to have when waiting at a supercharger on a sunny day.

This particular sunshade I bought leaves the lower rear part of the back window uncovered for visibility purposes, really smart design. As far as the side windows go I got the car tinted soooo dark it almost looks like you’re driving in the evening during the day hahaha, so my only concern was the roof/rear glass.

I bought the TOPlight brand sunshade covers off of Amazon when they were on sale for $35 shipped for both front & back a few months ago. Better price than the $60-ish I see from other sellers.

Mine work great and they block the heat really well. They were a perfect snug fit and there's no sagging at all after 4 months now with a good amount of parking outside under the hot SoCal sun. I'll take them off later this month since I won't need them when it's colder, but for the summertime they're an absolute necessity.

Resurrecting this thread ...

I visited the links above and the products are either no longer available or are for the 18-19-20 and not my 2021. So I searched for 2021 items. There are a lot of them and many seem to be using the same graphics. And none have more than a couple hundred feedback with most having less than 50. The common imagery makes me think they are all made by the same Chinese company (not that there's anything wrong with that) and many entrepreneurs are selling.

Does anybody have recent experiences with Tesla Model 3 sunshades? I *really* like the idea of a screen AND a shade.

Reactions: Slate
Resurrecting this thread ...

I visited the links above and the products are either no longer available or are for the 18-19-20 and not my 2021. So I searched for 2021 items. There are a lot of them and many seem to be using the same graphics. And none have more than a couple hundred feedback with most having less than 50. The common imagery makes me think they are all made by the same Chinese company (not that there's anything wrong with that) and many entrepreneurs are selling.

Does anybody have recent experiences with Tesla Model 3 sunshades? I *really* like the idea of a screen AND a shade.

Read this thread:

Thread 'I finally found roof shades that for M3 2021!'
I finally found roof shades that for M3 2021!

If you want NO sun/heat, you need this: 2021 Tesla Model 3 Sedan Windshield Sun Shades, Car Window Shades and Car Window Covers by HeatShield - The Original Windshield Sunshade The 'TOP WINDOW' option includes both roof pieces. And the windshield sunshield is the best material I've seen. You get what you pay for. No affiliation; just a satisfied customer. I've bought from those guys for my last 10+ vehicles. And I'm buying right now the front windows, for those times when we charge the car under the sun. I'll use 'DAD21' discount code, but not sure how long it'll last. Hope this helps, gang.