Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amazon Echo Auto - Sirius XM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an Amazon Echo Auto a few days ago. Put it in the center console of my Tesla Model 3 connected to the cigarette lighter connector. Have been using it to stream Sirius XM via the phone. SO much better than trying to grab and unlock my phone every time I want to start Sirius XM or change stations! Now all I have to do is say "Alexa - play Hits One on Sirius XM" and it starts playing!

Much safer and easier to use. And it works just fine in the center console. No need to put it anywhere visible.

I would rather have Sirius XM built into the car, but if I can't get that then this is a close second option.

Ok can you please explain how you change channels with the echo in the center console? Thanks

UPDATE:
I just reread your post. So it's audible commends. It hears you through the console and everything, without issue?

I don't have an echo so I am sort of lost of how it streams the sirius. Can you give any insight? Do I need to have a subscription with amazon or anything?

Thanks

I 3D printed a center console tray with a place to put the Echo. Yes, it will hear your voice even with the lid closed but there are times when there's lots of road noise where it may not hear you so you might have to speak a bit louder.

IMG_0926.jpg

Got an Amazon Echo Auto a few days ago. Put it in the center console of my Tesla Model 3 connected to the cigarette lighter connector. Have been using it to stream Sirius XM via the phone. SO much better than trying to grab and unlock my phone every time I want to start Sirius XM or change stations! Now all I have to do is say "Alexa - play Hits One on Sirius XM" and it starts playing!

Much safer and easier to use. And it works just fine in the center console. No need to put it anywhere visible.

I would rather have Sirius XM built into the car, but if I can't get that then this is a close second option.
I thought echo only works with wifi? Do you utilize hot spot on your phone to connect??