TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ambient light toggle?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Acrono, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Acrono

Acrono Member

Hi all,
    I'm running v8.0 in the facelifted MS w/ Premium Package, and there's a button for "Ambient Lighting" next to "Dome lights". Enabling Ambient Lighting dims the ambient lighting when you open any door. Disabling Ambient Lighting makes the ambient lighting brighter? Shouldn't it be the opposite?

2. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

My car has exhibited that behavior as for long as I can remember (since v4.x)

3. wagdaddy

wagdaddy Member

What I've noticed is that when you toggle off the ambient lighting, yes the door lights get brighter but after some time, they turn off completely. Like when you drive. So they only turn on when you open the door but when you start driving they turn off.

4. wagdaddy

wagdaddy Member

I'll also add that with the toggle turned on, adjusting the brightness of the screens adjusts the brightness of the ambient lighting as well.

5. Acrono

Acrono Member

Ah, just noticed that myself as well. Thanks.