TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Ambient Lighting - Drivers Door

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by tcsm, Oct 10, 2017.

1. tcsm

tcsm New Member

Hi,

I have a new Model S (2 months old) and I have just noticed that the ambient light under the drivers door armrest turns off when the door is closed. It comes on when the drivers door opens, but turns off when closed. The other 3 door lights under the armrests stay on.
    I have toggled the Ambient lighting option on the controls but it hasn't changed anything.

Is this normal?
    I would expect the ambient armrest lights to stay on for all door, not just 3 of them.

Thanks

2. Ande

Ande Member

mine, (firmware f87c64d5) stay on, and I am pretty sure it never behaved differently (or as you describe).

3. BrettS

BrettS Member

Check the puddle light on the driver’s door (the little light on the bottom of the door that lights the ground when the door is open). The puddle light should come on when the door is open and go off when it’s closed, but I would bet that it will behave as the ambient light should. The connectors for the two lights are physically the same and yours were probably plugged into the wrong spots. Should be a pretty easy fix to pull off the door panel and swap the connections.

• Informative x 1
  4. tcsm

tcsm New Member

Thanks BrettS, thats it!
    Damn - they must have made the mistake at the SC when it was in last, as im sure it was right before then......Guess ill drop it back off for them to fix.