Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ambient Lighting - Drivers Door

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have a new Model S (2 months old) and I have just noticed that the ambient light under the drivers door armrest turns off when the door is closed. It comes on when the drivers door opens, but turns off when closed. The other 3 door lights under the armrests stay on.
I have toggled the Ambient lighting option on the controls but it hasn't changed anything.

Is this normal?
I would expect the ambient armrest lights to stay on for all door, not just 3 of them.

Thanks

Check the puddle light on the driver’s door (the little light on the bottom of the door that lights the ground when the door is open). The puddle light should come on when the door is open and go off when it’s closed, but I would bet that it will behave as the ambient light should. The connectors for the two lights are physically the same and yours were probably plugged into the wrong spots. Should be a pretty easy fix to pull off the door panel and swap the connections.

• Informative
Reactions: mrElbe